The FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, another potential giant killing tie tonight.

It feels like an age since we last played so hopefully Wycombe don't catch us cold. It wasn't that long ago when we scraped past them in a cup game so they'll be more than up for it again.
I'm hoping Jose has his eyes on Thursday night.

Spurs should have wrapped this up, but the minnows of Wycombe forcing Jose to bring on his big guns to finish the job!!

Can Wycombe do it in a pen shootout!?

And as I press the post button Spurs score :laugh:

Gutting for Wycombe.

Funny how similar that was to the Cheltenham v City game, although Spurs werent behind as long

Good game, Wycombe did well but class and fitness won it. A few players got good run outs tonight. Thought Bale looked a bit sharper. Winks as well.

That's why I thought Wycombe could pull off a big upset. Spurs should have won the game easily, so I thought it was set up for one of those extra time or even penalty shocks.

Comfortable scoreline in the end.

Against Wycombe chaps, remember

Worth every penny 200k wages

Attachments

• 20210125_220829.jpg
    20210125_220829.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 22
Bale just needs a bit of a confidence boost, think he could be a big player for us second half of the season providing he picks up no niggling knocks.

On another note, Ndombele is quite something I am so glad we were patient with him & yes I know it was only Wycombe but you can see there's something very special about him.

Bale just needs a bit of a confidence boost, think he could be a big player for us second half of the season providing he picks up no niggling knocks.

On another note, Ndombele is quite something I am so glad we were patient with him & yes I know it was only Wycombe but you can see there's something very special about him.
The fact he was on the bench last night tells you where Jose’s heads at. He’s looking decent and the potential is frightening.

Easy comparison to make but the way he runs with the ball, his acceleration and his box to box nature hes looking like a Dembele replacement we never got.

FA cup is back!
* reading some of the above posts that haven’t aged well at all !!!

Burnley v Bournemouth
Man United v West Ham
Swansea v Man City
Leicester v Brighton
Sheffield United v Bristol City
Everton v Tottenham (potential double winners)
Wolves v Southampton
Barnsley v Chelsea

Big decision for Ole.

Does it go for it to try to get a Cup, or deliberately lose it so as to concentrate on the league?

If indeed Ole bothers showing up at all given the number of games Utd have had to play this year compared to some PL clubs.

Wolves also have Southampton in the Prem at the weekend, will be quite interesting to see how Nuno and Ralph set up their teams in each case. Both clubs have a dip in form, both have injuries and I'm sure both would like to continue a cup run. I'd like a scruffy, rotated goal win in the cup followed by a more confident first team win in the league, but we don't always get what we want..

Big decision for Ole.

Does it go for it to try to get a Cup, or deliberately lose it so as to concentrate on the league?

If indeed Ole bothers showing up at all given the number of games Utd have had to play this year compared to some PL clubs.
On the BBC, thanks for the reminder

Personally I prefer to go for the win and to minimise rotation, albeit putting in fresh legs is unavoidable. Maintain momentum and confidence

On the BBC, thanks for the reminder

Personally I prefer to go for the win and to minimise rotation, albeit putting in fresh legs is unavoidable. Maintain momentum and confidence

A club of Utd's size should be putting out a team to try to win every game.

A real test for player fitness at the moment - games coming thick and fast.

Can't see Ole rotating too much. He'll want to win the FA Cup given the few near misses we've had so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom