The FA Cup

TayWax

Distinguished Member
Chelsea won't be able to score 5 past everyone. If they don't address their defence they are toast. You only need to look at City this year to realise you have to have both

dr no

Outside the box
1596307907299.png

PrahDV

Chelsea are proper Jekyll & Hyde

outplay united, outplayed by liverpool, outplay wolves, outplayed by arsenal

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
Chelsea were unlucky with some decisions and the injuries.

But apart from first 15 or so minutes they were fairly poor, too.

But wasn't a good refereeing/var performance either.

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
5819:58
Post update
We have just seen the Emiliano Martinez handball shout - and that's some decision.
The goalkeeper's body is out of the area but his hands, and the ball, were inside.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Arsenal are on the decline yet are still way ahead of Spurs where trophy-winning is concerned..:laugh:

deon444

Distinguished Member
Very happy for martinez,played great since standing in for Leno,he was very emotional after the match,so much for people saying the FA Cup mean nothing and 4th place means more:rolleyes:

Theseus

I'm torn. Hate Arsenal having another FA Cup. But on the other hand. fudge Chelsea. I don't get the hype on Frank at. Everyone seems to fawn over him and how great he's doing. I haven't seen anything that makes him better than the other "new" managers. I think he has real problems balancing his teams and he gets applauded for playing the academy products but everyone kind of misses the point that he had to. Now he has money all those academy products are being relegated to the bench so go figure.

Actually think Arteta has done much better given the players he has at his disposal. On paper that Arsenal side is pretty crap.

English premium. I think Arteta's grounding in coaching under Pep at City will stand him in very good stead at Arsenal.

deon444

Distinguished Member
According to one stat I read, is that Arteta has been in charge for just over 7 months and won as many 🏆 as Spurs have in 21 years :clap: :clap:

They have had a better team than Arsenal have had the last few years but still couldn't win Jack with their squad. And long may that winless streak continue

deon444

Distinguished Member
Better team won for me overall.

About our ads
You may also like
And if Kante is fit, you play Kante. Brilliant player.
Kante does not get used much in Lampards system,and if someone like kante can't play well in your system then the balance isn't right imo

asteveman2k3

If we somehow manage to keep AUBA and add a few , I think we might actually challenge for the top four, I just hope Kronke' backs Arteta. I am so happy for us Arsenal fans right now. We needed this...

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
Kante does not get used much in Lampards system,and if someone like kante can't play well in your system then the balance isn't right imo

Maybe not but Kante puts out a lot of fires outside the box before they even start. Huge miss this season.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
If we somehow manage to keep AUBA and add a few , I think we might actually challenge for the top four, I just hope Kronke' backs Arteta. I am so happy for us Arsenal fans right now. We needed this...
Arteta may well be the man who could bring back an Arsenal team competing for the title .. but not with Kronke as the owner he only buys shares, to sell at some point .. the quicker the better for Arsenal.

asteveman2k3

Arteta may well be the man who could bring back an Arsenal team competing for the title .. but not with Kronke as the owner he only buys shares, to sell at some point .. the quicker the better for Arsenal.

I think If we as Arsenal fans are waiting for a buyer to come and then in another miracle, Kronke wanting to sell well I think there is more chance pigs flying. We have to live with Kronke and hope that he does not go back on his alleged promises to Arteta.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
I think If we as Arsenal fans are waiting for a buyer to come and then in another miracle, Kronke wanting to sell well I think there is more chance pigs flying. We have to live with Kronke and hope that he does not go back on his alleged promises to Arteta.
Not sure Kronke would have made pledges to Arteta regarding funds for transfer not big money at least.. and Arsenal need big money signings to improve on what they have at present .. Getting Aubameyang to sign on again is crucial if money does that give it to him but i think he wants ambition shown.. getting the likes of Stones from MC would be a good start .. IMO there is a top class CH in him and Arteta having worked with him would be aware of that.

Panavision

Distinguished Member
Very happy for martinez,played great since standing in for Leno,he was very emotional after the match,so much for people saying the FA Cup mean nothing and 4th place means more:rolleyes:

Champions League money and participation in the world's elite competition trumps FA Cup. That's unfortunate. :( I'd love Liverpool to win it next season.

arenaman

Arsenal win it for the 14th time but have to make some cutbacks.

Disgraceful, was just reading about this in the other thread, their annual wages combined would equate to a little over 3 months pay for Ozil.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Disgraceful, was just reading about this in the other thread, their annual wages combined would equate to a little over 3 months pay for Ozil.

Come November there will be a lot more redundancies, Furlough has given this country a false sense of security. If you work in Finance you'll know in every sector organisations are planning massive restructures.

Also Ozil has been an easy target, at the end of the day Arsenal have signed a contract with him. I'm not sure why always getting the stick. If they want to get rid of him then pay him off, the same how some top tier managers like Jose Mou have made a killing by getting paid up to end their contract.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett