The FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they got lucky on that day in 63 didn't they

If the EPL is played to a finish so should the FA Cup.
I wonder if the Saudis takeover of Newcastle they could then buy in a load of superstars to get them the trophy as some seem to think it’s alright to do that in the league by extending contracts and allowing the transfer window to start whilst these competitions are still going on.

I wonder if the Saudis takeover of Newcastle they could then buy in a load of superstars to get them the trophy as some seem to think it’s alright to do that in the league by extending contracts and allowing the transfer window to start whilst these competitions are still going on.
Not with FFP i would assume.. but it will be good to have another money bags club to add to the competition for the major trophies.. and it being Newcastle even better .. always remember them selling out there section in the 77 season , despite already being relegated .. long way from Newcastle to Bristol .. great fans.

Not with FFP i would assume.. but it will be good to have another money bags club to add to the competition for the major trophies.. and it being Newcastle even better .. always remember them selling out there section in the 77 season , despite already being relegated .. long way from Newcastle to Bristol .. great fans.
I have a feeling come the 11 June FFP maybe a dead duck

many clubs wont be spending much thats for sure

if we are talking about behind closed doors when the new season starts I dont think many clubs will spend much at all

if we are talking about behind closed doors when the new season starts I dont think many clubs will spend much at all
Behind closed doors is a big burden on both the north London giants who are 1 and 2 in match day gate receipt taken in World Football.

I imagine Spurs are likely to be one of the hardest hit from this pandemic. Brand new stadium which they would have backed a large increase in cash from matchdays and that's before you take in to account all the cancelled events that they had planned

I imagine Spurs are likely to be one of the hardest hit from this pandemic. Brand new stadium which they would have backed a large increase in cash from matchdays and that's before you take in to account all the cancelled events that they had planned

Certainly match day revenue will be a huge loss to the club, but the stadium itself isn't owned by the club, they're actually just tennants. It's always been unknown whether the revenue/profit from other events held there will go into the club, to ENIC or to the stadium debt. The other events are rumoured to be worth around £40mil a year.

I didn't realise the club didn't own the stadium

The club, stadium and training centre are different branches in the ENIC tree now, then there's all the NDP stuff too.
It caused quite a stir within the die hard Spurs fanbase when word got out that WHL which the club owned had been replaced with a stadium they didn't own that was primarily designed to be a permanent home for the NFL in London. In the same interview where that news came out the football club were referred to as 'anchor tenants' which didn't go down well.
Everything is independent of each other, but at the same time it all runs together if that makes sense. But to be honest it's all beyond my knowledge of economics and business so I haven't looked into the finer details.

None of that is relevant to the FA cup thread though as we didn't even bother turning up for that! :rolleyes:

What FA Cup? Seems like it's been forgotten about to be honest

What FA Cup? Seems like it's been forgotten about to be honest

Yeah, which I find disappointing to be honest. There used to be a special magic about the FA Cup, but sadly that's been dwindling in recent years.
Talking to my friends about it there seems to be a feeling that people might actually be more interested in the cup returning than the Premier League at this stage. We were saying that with it having progressed so far already playing at neutral venues or behind closed doors wouldn't have as much of a negative impact and it would be a good test to see what premiership football might look like.
With there being so few games left it might reinvigorate supporters a bit to see a competition get completed.

There is no argument from me that the FA Cup shouldn't be finished, but I'm sure it will end up the sacrificial lamb in order for the leagues to be completed.

As above, the FA Cup means a lot less to the bigger clubs than it used to. Certainly though it's still the season highlight for many lower down the leagues.

Don’t agree with that - look at the last few years and who have the winners been? Certainly means a lot to most, not all obviously.

Apart from Wigan and Portsmouth you have to go back to 1988 for Wimbledon’s win -apart from that it’s been between arsenal United Chelsea city etc

There is no argument from me that the FA Cup shouldn't be finished, but I'm sure it will end up the sacrificial lamb in order for the leagues to be completed.

As above, the FA Cup means a lot less to the bigger clubs than it used to. Certainly though it's still the season highlight for many lower down the leagues.
If we find the way to get the EPL played to a finish .. the same goes for the FA CUP 3 games away from completion for those clubs remaining .. what will happen once Liverpool secures those points needed they will play the kids for the remainder of the games remaining .. if anything the cup is going to be the most keenly contested till it's ending.

The club, stadium and training centre are different branches in the ENIC tree now, then there's all the NDP stuff too.
It caused quite a stir within the die hard Spurs fanbase when word got out that WHL which the club owned had been replaced with a stadium they didn't own that was primarily designed to be a permanent home for the NFL in London. In the same interview where that news came out the football club were referred to as 'anchor tenants' which didn't go down well.
Everything is independent of each other, but at the same time it all runs together if that makes sense. But to be honest it's all beyond my knowledge of economics and business so I haven't looked into the finer details.

None of that is relevant to the FA cup thread though as we didn't even bother turning up for that! :rolleyes:
So what happens to Spurs in respect of the new Stadium .. if Joe Lewis the ENIC owner goes and takes over the club he supports West Ham can he put them in Spurs place thus making them Homeless .. as other's have wrote i assumed the Football club was the owner of the Stadium.

So what happens to Spurs in respect of the new Stadium .. if Joe Lewis the ENIC owner goes and takes over the club he supports West Ham can he put them in Spurs place thus making them Homeless .. as other's have wrote i assumed the Football club was the owner of the Stadium.

In theory yes, but I would hope there's something in place somewhere in the contracts that would prevent that. Who knows though, Levy and Lewis are all about the money so they'd find a way of doing whatevers most profitable I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom