1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Experiment - BBC2

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by juboy, May 15, 2002.

1. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone see this last night?

Although it was clear that it was always going to be relatively sanitised, I thought it was hugely interesting and entertaining.

I liked the way several of the inmates were actually a lot more intelligent than many people would have supposed from their appearances and had been chosen by the producers accordingly.

The effect the non-promotion of Edwards to guard had was fascinating and shows, on a small scale, what happens in homes and workplaces up and down the country when effort, determination and ability are overlooked.

Only minor downside were the 'experts'. Their commentary was nothing more than obvious and common sense reactions that I'm sure most of the 'non-qualified' viewing audience were thinking anyway.

Having given us 'I'm Alan Partridge', 'The Office', '24' and now 'The Experiment', BBC2 is in danger of becoming my favourite channel!

2. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    after men and motors ?

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Men & Motors is not simply a 'channel', it is an essential lifestyle viewing experience.

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +908
    Except when they show that stuff about cars, motorbikes, and all those woefully awful unsigned bands.

Give me naked flesh. I like naked flesh;)

5. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I watched the experiment and thought it was good, the guards made a mistake in not making edwards the guard, cos there all running around headless now, I want to see the martial arts expert have a fight with edwards and the ex crack addict with the tattoos, i forget his name.

6. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    watched it last night, found it very interesting,

but why do the guards let that qiubbly bloke say anything ?!?
    i'd have him locked up in a cell immediately.

really, really annoying.
    And what school of negotiation skills did that old guard attend? have complete clean slate on everything, ever - eh?

and when would you let the chap have a fag without knowing he had the keys?

I would have put all the rest on bread and water for two days, purely because that guy had a fag. that would have wiped the smile off his face.

I missed the first one, did they purposefully choose the weaker characters as guards, or is that the appearance because they are guards?

7. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does appear as though the guards were fools from the outset. Apart from the Asian guy, they all come across as hopeless.

That said, I have since read articles saying that the programme took ages to produce once filming finished because a lot of the people who took part felt the editing was done to show what the producers wanted rather than a real representation of what happened.

It does seem annoying that the self-made millionaire appears to be the biggest **** in there.

8. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The guards are a bunch of feebs like, the prisoners where bound to win from day one.