The Expendables: Extended Director's Cut

Great news. Will wait though until its cheap as I'm sick and tired of double dipping.

Also, this one better be region free. I'm still ****** off that we never got Inferno in HD here. I notice its on this so fingers crossed

Still to see this, a few friends said it was beyond awful and then I hear the inferno doc wasn't so hot, so it sort of slipped off my radar, might check this out if the reviews hold up. :)

Also, this one better be region free. I'm still ****** off that we never got Inferno in HD here. I notice its on this so fingers crossed

Well, as it's still Lionsgate distributing it I'm guessing unlikely.

Ah, that's more like it. Hopefully this will rehabilitate the film like the Extended Cut did for Rambo, turning a routine exploitation picture into something with a little more heart. It wasn't just a case of lumping in a few extra minutes, 'cause Stallone pretty much re-edited the whole show.

Interesting that it's called a 'Director's Cut' this time. Sly didn't want to give the new cut of Rambo the same moniker because it implied that the theatrical cut wasn't the best version of the film he could've made. But through the very act of re-editing the film you're questioning the original decisions you made, so I guess he bit the DC bullet this time.

Hopefully the sound will get put through the Insane-O-Meter like Rambo, too.

Oh, and Lionsgate = region locked.

I look forward to seeing what he's done, despite not liking the theatrical cut.

Well if its region locked that's me knackered. To be honest I'd probably boycott it after the inferno disgrace.
also, lionsgate distributed Rambo - directors cut and that was region free though. I know the Expendables US was locked though

Damn I really want this, as a HUGE Sly and Expendables fan but ....

I am really concerned that it may be region locked and then not relased in the UK !

I've just taken delivery of the german steelbook, and it has Inferno on it. Not sure if its 1080p though, but will check when I get home tomorrow night

Any word on if this is multi-region or not yet Guys ?

My time machine's busted at the moment, sorry... ;)

Am 'willing' it to be region free ;)

I still can't understand the appeal in this film.

They had the opportunity to make a good old school movie but with loads of stars from the 80's action movie period.

However all we got was a film starring Stallone, Jason Statham (his appeal is still lost on me) & a couple of blink & you'll miss 'em cameos from the top billing stars.

I'm suprised they weren't sued under the Trade Descriptions Act!

Keep checking the supplier sites but still word on the region coding.

To be honest I expect it to be region A locked, as the standard release was wasn't it, so am trying not to build up me expectations too much.

That would be a major let down as I really want the extended edition but if its locked what can we do and if like Rambo extended edition we won't see a UK release at all.

I can understand them locking it if they plan releases in each country, but if they only release in the USA then surely they are missing sales opportunities ???

Keeping fingers crossed (but not hopeful).

I still can't understand the appeal in this film.

They had the opportunity to make a good old school movie but with loads of stars from the 80's action movie period.

However all we got was a film starring Stallone, Jason Statham (his appeal is still lost on me) & a couple of blink & you'll miss 'em cameos from the top billing stars.

I'm suprised they weren't sued under the Trade Descriptions Act!

From what you are saying, under the Trade Descriptions Act, they have actually titled the film perfectly.......they were all expendable, ie short lived and not used much.....lol

Personally, I thought the film was brilliant and that most people missed a lot of the intentional parody in it. Or maybe didnt miss it, so much as didnt want it. I love the sequence with the shotgun.....was wetting myself in the cinema....lol. I always loved the action man films of yesteryear, and I think this was a fitting tribute to them, crass storyline, crass acting and direction, crass script....just lots of guns, fights and bozos :D

This film should have been called The Invincibles as millions of bullets didn't touch 'em. Not a good movie by any standard.

The Expandables.

I get what they were trying to do but it just didn't work. I rather watch Commando which did it much better. Not a film I want to see again any time soon.

I see DVD World USA are listing it as on stock now ... but no word on if region locked or not !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom