The Expendables Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Alan Paterson, 22nd December 2010.
The testosterone fuelled action flick ‘The Expendables’ kicks down the UK Region B locked Blu-ray door with a cracking good 1080p AVC/MPEG-4 transfer framed in the widescreen 2.40:1 aspect ratio. Vibrant colours, excellent contrast and realistic skin tones complement the fine detail of this pin sharp picture. The DTS-HD MA 7.1 surround track launches a full scale assault with tremendous bass and perfect panning effects to place you right in the centre of the bone shaking action. Director Sly Stallone provides a fascinating comm. track to back up the usual featurette, deleted scene and gag reel in the extras. The movie itself is a real action packed, knife in the neck tale of mercenaries taking on the dictator of a small South American country. Stirring stuff from Stallone, Statham, Li, Rourke, Willis & Schwarzenegger. It’s over the top, but who cares. Perfect viewing after a curry and a few beers.

Read the full review...

Thug

Good review and i agree.

On a side note, i bought the Blu steely from HMV a week ago for £20, now its gone up to £25!!!
I guess its so they can reduce it for the new years sales, lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom