The Expanse Season 5 (Amazon) TV Show Review & Comments

The Expanse, Battlestar Galactica (The reboot, not the original), & The West Wing are possibly my three all time favourites.

Yes! Loved The West Wing and BSG, I need to revisit the latter as I lost interest in the final season - although I was doing a lot of party favours back then so it’s a bit of a blur! 😬

When something happens to the ship at the end, while the captain is dropping the jewelry, the books imply that the people are still conscious. They start to be able to see between the atoms in the solids around them and to see the sound waves bouncing through the molecules in the air

For me, Season 5 has some of the best stuff of all the Series so far, and possibly the best.
(Though the first time they get on the Roci & launch from the Donnager, guns blazing, is still a massive high for me)

Edit: "Primed" - I see what you did there! :laugh:
Interesting - I went back and watched some older episodes after you said that. I miss Miller... I'll be interested to see what people make of season 6.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The human factions warring against each other and the politics of it all. It was easier to understand and keep up with.

This is great sci-fi, really enjoyed watching all 5 seasons of this, cant wait for more.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed all 5 seasons of The Expanse so missing our weekend cinema room space action already! So many good characters. Love the theme tune as well. We watched all of BSG again on iPlayer as well and were pleasantly surprised by the picture quality when viewed via the projector. Got to find some new sci-fi to watch now or do we start season 1 again?!

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed all 5 seasons of The Expanse so missing our weekend cinema room space action already! So many good characters. Love the theme tune as well. We watched all of BSG again on iPlayer as well and were pleasantly surprised by the picture quality when viewed via the projector. Got to find some new sci-fi to watch now or do we start season 1 again?!
BSG & The Expanse tick all the boxes for us as well, & I don't know of any other scl-fi series that fit what we like as well as these two. I have my fingers crossed for The Foundation, but who knows when that will actually appear!

Finished this season tonight, fantastic.

Regarding
I didn't even realise he had died, thought he was looking at his monitor in shock
:laugh:

Much preferred this season to the 4th. I quite fancy rewatching the lot from S1 soon.

Finished this season tonight, fantastic.

Regarding
I didn't even realise he had died, thought he was looking at his monitor in shock
:laugh:

Much preferred this season to the 4th. I quite fancy rewatching the lot from S1 soon.
I'm going to try and get my missus to start from the beginning. She's not normally a si-fi fan but the Expanse is so good she might enjoy it.
And I need an excuse to watch it all again.

I’ve just watched Wesley Crusher burn off into deep space. 😆

So good, and as every season goes by the previous are more re-watchable.😁

BSG & The Expanse tick all the boxes for us as well, & I don't know of any other scl-fi series that fit what we like as well as these two. I have my fingers crossed for The Foundation, but who knows when that will actually appear!
Yes looking forward to Foundation when it does land. Hope the image and sound do it justice!
I’ve definitely turned my wife into a sci-fi nut!

I'm going to try and get my missus to start from the beginning. She's not normally a si-fi fan but the Expanse is so good she might enjoy it.
And I need an excuse to watch it all again.
My wife won't do Sci-fi because it's not "realistic", but will happily watch movies about ghosts, witches, demons etc... :confused:

My wife won't do Sci-fi because it's not "realistic", but will happily watch movies about ghosts, witches, demons etc... :confused:
They are a strange bunch.
We have both just binged watched ZeroZeroZero which she really enjoyed.
But she point blank refuses to watch Pulp Fiction because it is "too violent"
Go figure 🤔

I found my wife watching the Sci-fi channel on Sky on her own one day and I said I’m so sorry for turning you to the dark side :D

Has anyone mentioned this in the "women's wiring is all wrong" thread? :laugh:

Watched the first two new episodes last night. So good to have it back, it's like a comfy pair of slippers.

Nice as well to have them all
diverting for a bit
which I presume doesn't last the entire season. And is reflected from the books.

Genuinely can't think of any better Sci-fi than this show to be honest; apart from some classic Trek episodes of course.

1612885759342.png

:D

Watched the first two new episodes last night. So good to have it back, it's like a comfy pair of slippers.

Nice as well to have them all
diverting for a bit
which I presume doesn't last the entire season. And is reflected from the books.

Genuinely can't think of any better Sci-fi than this show to be honest; apart from some classic Trek episodes of course.
I definitely suggest watching the last two episodes back to back as well.

I have enough crazy to deal with in my home without reading about other people's nutters :D

I watched episodes 9 and 10 back to back last night and Atmos has disappeared on the Sky platform.

I watched episodes 9 and 10 back to back last night and Atmos has disappeared on the Sky platform.
Hi gibbsy just watched 9 and 10 tonight and thats why I'm looking at this thread tonight as you say no atmos whats going on with atmos and amazon prime l watched it on my 4k firestick just noticed you watched on sky so it looks like its gone from all platforms

Hi gibbsy just watched 9 and 10 tonight and thats why I'm looking at this thread tonight as you say no atmos whats going on with atmos and amazon prime l watched it on my 4k firestick just noticed you watched on sky so it looks like its gone from all platforms
ATV4K and no Atmos as well. Was that a dream?
I am really not sure now if Atmos was ever there

Have to say I liked season 5, although in my opinion definitely the weakest. However I'm confident the final season will be epic.

It’s a shame Amazon have dropped Atmos for The Expanse, weirdly the previous season 5 episodes that had it now don’t (on any device). yet they still have Atmos on their other shows like Carnival Row.

It’s a shame Amazon have dropped Atmos for The Expanse, weirdly the previous season 5 episodes that had it now don’t (on any device). yet they still have Atmos on their other shows like Carnival Row.
Yes, that was strange - I was actually questioning myself if I had just imagined it. Could it be that The Expanse didn't hit the numbers they wanted, & they turned it off to save Bandwidth? 🤷‍♂️
But Atmos is anyway pretty rare on Amazon - Jack Ryan & Carnival Row are the only two I am aware of, & they never state it on the "Header" or the Audio description - first time I know a title has it is when my AVR tells me so! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom