The EU is About to Destroy The Internet

Contains f word so spoilered.

Note:

From now on, no more posting random photo's you find of various women, who have not given you direct personal consent to legally display their image on a forum.

From now on, only photo's of your wives taken within your own camera are to be allowed ;)

Your days are numbered my friend :(

US air strike.jpg

Can someone cuck themself? Don't you let someone cuck you? How would you go cuck yourself?

Sweden continually cucks itself as a country. To cuck yourself as a person could be something as simple as not smoking around a certain person but smoking around others.

And yet all the dots are joining up, this being the latest clamp down on the internet as we know it...
I never said anything directly about this "clamp down", just about that particular YouTube sheep. None of the dots are joining up over that smart meter conspiracy you copied and pasted.

I never said anything directly about this "clamp down", just about that particular YouTube sheep. None of the dots are joining up over that smart meter conspiracy you copied and pasted.

All about convenience, the smart meter is just one of the dots on their agenda. Once we're all signed up, they can take whatever they want away, this being a prime example as YouTube will soon find out.

VPN's about to get a sharp rise in profits

twitch to display content in the EU will have to get licences for every game that is streamed other wise it will get fined for allowing the streams of copyrighted material

Last edited:
you tube will be the same having to either get a licence for everything with a copyright that someone uploads or prevent it from being uploaded in the first place

Last edited:
It's odd that the fact it's impossible seems to be lost on the EU.
The sheer amount of data that's uploaded to all the media companies, inc live streams 24 hours a day, in all manner of formats, with the medium modified in all manner of ways, and they are supposed to judge all this constantly.
I suppose I'm guessing/hoping as reality bites, this will be much watered down in reality.

BBC News - Article 13: Memes exempt as EU backs controversial copyright law
EU backs controversial copyright law

High-profile figures who have campaigned against the EU Copyright Directive include Wyclef Jean and web inventor Sir Tim Berners Lee, while Debbie Harry and Sir Paul McCartney have been among its supporters.

Big corporation controlling free speech.

Save the Internet

Universities and Science Minister Chris Skidmore has said that the UK will not implement the EU Copyright Directive after the country leaves the EU.

Several companies have criticised the law, which would hold them accountable for not removing copyrighted content uploaded by users, if it is passed.

EU member states have until 7 June 2021 to implement the new reforms, but the UK will have left the EU by then.

I'm surprised people didn't know about this happening. Article 13 I believe will prevent small content creators from doing much on platforms such as YouTube I.e streaming live games. Another example is quoting say the BBC news or showing a goal from the footie league because that content belongs to the likes of Sky Sports. Basically the only content that is legal will be from the big players. One gamer on YouTube doing a live stream had somebody else playing a background song, it was picked up as illegal use and the stream taken down. Really is rather petty but that's the EU for you

YouTube creators are currently bricking themselves with the "Is your content created with children viewers in mind" policy.

YouTube creators are currently bricking themselves with the "Is your content created with children viewers in mind" policy.

Especially when Youtube are using some pretty flakey algorithms to determine “what is for children”.

One of my hobbies is plastic modelling (panes, tanks, Airfix, Tamiya etc.). This is a dying hobby because children are not really interested in it these days. But the Youtube algorithm is commonly determining that plastic models are toys and that the military nature is not suitable for children so many if the creators are getting shut down notices.

Basically, the algorithm seems to work like this. The creator is making a model of a Heinkel He-111. This is about toys for children. That is a military aircraft, worse one that was used by Nazi Germany. The creator is trying to radicalise children with right wing Nazi beliefs. Shut the channel down

I’m also into radio control aircraft and one model retailer posted a video that he had received a shut down warning. He reviews products, mostly fictitious sports planes but the algorithm had triggered a risk because occasionally there are reviews of military aircraft, regardless of the fact that these cost hundreds of pounds to get into the air, Youtube regards them as toys for young children. The guy got it sorted but it meant a lot of slog and personal contact with Youtube whereas to shut him down just needed the dodgy algorithm in a blink of an eye.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
Especially when Youtube are using some pretty flakey algorithms to determine “what is for children”.

One of my hobbies is plastic modelling (panes, tanks, Airfix, Tamiya etc.). This is a dying hobby because children are not really interested in it these days. But the Youtube algorithm is commonly determining that plastic models are toys and that the military nature is not suitable for children so many if the creators are getting shut down notices.

Basically, the algorithm seems to work like this. The creator is making a model of a Heinkel He-111. This is about toys for children. That is a military aircraft, worse one that was used by Nazi Germany. The creator is trying to radicalise children with right wing Nazi beliefs. Shut the channel down

Cheers,

Nigel

It seems that what many might have enjoyed doing as kids is no longer deemed appropriate today by adults representing kids.

I'm now considering what to do with this on my channel as I will have video's coming from European WWII German fortifications, but will also be covering other European countries fortifications.
Would they serve me a shut down notification for including Nazi material, but ignore other defences that may have been built at other times of dubious history by the country concerned.

Would it not just be a case of the content and it's possible message, rather than a simple video showing the building of a Nazi era plane being the cause of a channel being shut down??? How would this work if the channel also showed the building of a Zero, Spitfire, Mustang & T34??

It seems that what many might have enjoyed doing as kids is no longer deemed appropriate today by adults representing kids.

I'm now considering what to do with this on my channel as I will have video's coming from European WWII German fortifications, but will also be covering other European countries fortifications.
Would they serve me a shut down notification for including Nazi material, but ignore other defences that may have been built at other times of dubious history by the country concerned.

Would it not just be a case of the content and it's possible message, rather than a simple video showing the building of a Nazi era plane being the cause of a channel being shut down??? How would this work if the channel also showed the building of a Zero, Spitfire, Mustang & T34??

In the modelling community, it has been a long source of irritation that manufacturers are no longer allowed to supply Swastika decals for WWII Luftwaffe planes. This has been the case for many years.

It has pointed out that Swastikas regularly appear in TV and films and the response is that this is okay as it is portraying historical accuracy. So a perfect scale model is not historically accurate but films like Indiana Jone and Iron Sky are?

Essentially, the real reason is that someone has decided that models are toys and we can’t let children see Swastikas. This is why children are not allowed to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - oh, hang on, apparently they are allowed to see those Swastikas.

Just to add to the inconsistency, anyone, including children, can buy after-market Swastika decals to complete their models - go figure.

Cheers,

Nigel

In the modelling community, it has been a long source of irritation that manufacturers are no longer allowed to supply Swastika decals for WWII Luftwaffe planes. This has been the case for many years.

It has pointed out that Swastikas regularly appear in TV and films and the response is that this is okay as it is portraying historical accuracy. So a perfect scale model is not historically accurate but films like Indiana Jone and Iron Sky are?

Essentially, the real reason is that someone has decided that models are toys and we can’t let children see Swastikas. This is why children are not allowed to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - oh, hang on, apparently they are allowed to see those Swastikas.

Just to add to the inconsistency, anyone, including children, can buy after-market Swastika decals to complete their models - go figure.

Cheers,

Nigel

Angry smiley added not towards you, but towards the stupidity of this.

Last edited:

I’m also into radio control aircraft and one model retailer posted a video that he had received a shut down warning. He reviews products, mostly fictitious sports planes but the algorithm had triggered a risk because occasionally there are reviews of military aircraft, regardless of the fact that these cost hundreds of pounds to get into the air, Youtube regards them as toys for young children. The guy got it sorted but it meant a lit if slog and personal contact with Youtube whereas to shut him down just needed the dodgy algorithm in a blink of an eye.

Cheers,

Nigel

The algorithm is pretty busted at the moment. I spent 12 hours rendering a video and another couple uploading it to yt and then they blocked it!! So i went back and re-edited it, deleted footage and replaced it and went through the whole process again.
They blocked it again so i re-edited it a third time and their was no problem that time. In 12+ years of creating yt content this was the first time having a video blocked as soon as i'd uploaded it. I just hope this is not going to happen everytime i upload a video.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom