The Equalizer 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Great atmos mix used to full effect especially towards the end of the movie during the Home Mart warehouse sequence. Stunning sound with pin point speaker accuracy. A great demo worthy moment to impress your friends :)

Nice review Cas....

Love this film so I'll be picking this up for sure on 4UHD despite already owning the Blu-Ray, if just for that Atmos soundtrack.

Denzel is, as Cas pointed out, as watchable as he always is.

Got myself booked in to an early Preview of Equalizer 2 screening on the 6th August thanks to Cineworld Unlimited, hoping it's more of the same and maybe expands on Denzels character a bit more....

Last edited:
Just to let people know, unfortunately the second film, like the first, has been edited to achieve a lower 15 BBFC certificate. An uncut 18 rating was available to the distributor.

I shall be waiting for the 4k Blu-ray release to see this one.

Thanks Cas, really liked this film on BD, I think I'll invest in an upgrade to 4K.

Nice Review Cas. Man of Fire was one of my fav Denzel W films which is why i loved this with him playing a similer type role

I have to agree with all regarding the audio, the Master Audio soundtrack on the 1080p blu-ray is amazing especially the final scenes in the warehouse with the sprinklers and bullets flying around you, and the bullet casing hitting the floor

Will definitely pick up the 4K disk on the 6th

mmmm given thats its an excellent film with now slightly better PQ AND its now uncut and with better sound and new extras - given all of that added together I'm tempted to purchase - its a very re-watchable film .....bound to be in the 2 for £30 at some point too

Thanks for the review. Just ordered.

Top review Cas and top marks for reminding me to re watch this, except in 4K this time around.
This is one of my favourite Denzel films with a truly satisfying story throughout and a biting end. And yet, like so many films, has me scratching me bonse as to why I've left it so long...

I do actually quite like this film and have the BD . Its not a must have though until it's nice n cheap in a deal or what not.

Training Day or Man on Fire would be a deffo day one purchace for a great transfer though :smashin:. Believe an Atmos mix on the former would make it a must have , much like Se7en I would love a UHD Atmos offering as both have a fantastic BD soundstage .

Last edited:
FYI, I ordered a 4K title from Zoom and got the £5 off code which worked on this. Supposed to not work until 6th August but was fine for me.

If you only have the UK Blu-ray then it is certainly worth upgrading as the 4K version is now uncut,where as the UK Blu-ray was cut for a 15 cert for violence.

Didn't realise the UK BD had been cut, useful to know thanks.

Got this for a tenner brand new on amazon. Pq is really beautiful with deep accurate colours. Night scenes are especially good.
Anyone with a 1000 nit panel can't fail to be impressed by the hdr quality of this 4k bluray.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom