The English Patient Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Stephen Withers, 21st September 2011.
For fans of the film the Blu-ray of The English Patient represents the best chance to see and hear this wonderful film as its creators intended. The picture quality certainly captures a well rendered film-like quality and the soundtrack is a revelation. Whilst there are no new features the existing ones cover the making of the film quite well and Anthony Minghella’s commentary track is excellent. The film itself is a complex mosaic of images and emotions that deal with love, obsession, betrayal, loss, grief and ultimately redemption. Watching The English Patient again reminds you that not only can filmmaking be artistic but it can also be entertaining and we get so little of that these days.

Read the full review...

Make no mistake this film is fabulous. :thumbsup:

Sorry but this is one of my all time,can't stand film,I just want to climb into the screen and put a pillow over Ralph Finnes face and put and end to his whinging,and then give his nurse a good slap,and tell her to shut up and stop crying.

And the rest of the film :boring::boring:

It would have been very helpful to compare this UK Region B to the German Region B.

Are you aware of the German release?

That would help people decide which to buy.

Don't you think?

It would have been very helpful to compare this UK Region B to the German Region B.

Are you aware of the German release?

That would help people decide which to buy.

Don't you think?

I agree

Unfortunately we don't have access to the German release, only the UK one - that is unless a reviewer wants to buy it himself just to review for the site; which is not without precedent - Chris looked at the German Judge Dredd, and I, myself, looked at Soldier Blue, but they are only available there - for this one there is a perfectly acceptable UK release, so I can't see a separate review happening

Simon

Excellent film, stunning cinematography!

Time for a 4K release?
Better still, a box set of ALL of Mingella's work...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom