The end of the world is nigh

Pacifico

Ex Member
Reaction score
"Humanity is closer to annihilation than ever before, according to the scientists behind the “Doomsday Clock”.

The time has moved to 100 seconds to midnight – much nearer to catastrophe than the scientists have set the clock in the more than 70 years it has been around. It had previously been set at two minutes to midnight, which was as close as it had ever been, and matched the danger during the depths of the Cold War."

Yikes!! - so time for a party like its the end of the world... :beer:

Doomsday clock: Humanity closer to annihilation than ever before, scientists say

Right...

"The End of the World is Nigh".

No, sorry, never ever heard that before :D

With Trump in the Whitehouse causing trouble throughout the world then I can quite believe it.

maybe half correct... I suspect earth will be just fine.. :)

I can't take it seriously. Like when my kids say it is "35 past..." something.

Hang on. It was at two minutes to and now it is at 100 seconds to?

So, that is 10 seconds they have moved it by? Assuming normal clock rules apply to 1/4 of a clock :)

I have to admit, I can think of hundreds of reasons for humanity to end... I either work with or live near most of them :D

I can remember the Cuban Missile Crisis. The headmaster of our school told us what to do in the event of a nuclear attack. Bend forward, he told us, place your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye. Thankfully the White House had a pretty tidy President there then. Could you imagine with the present incumbent, the headmasters words would be prophetic.

I can remember the Cuban Missile Crisis. The headmaster of our school told us what to do in the event of a nuclear attack. Bend forward, he told us, place your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye. Thankfully the White House had a pretty tidy President there then. Could you imagine with the present incumbent, the headmasters words would be prophetic.
The Cuban Missile Crisis happened in 1962, 57 years ago, in the days of the USSR and worldwide communist encroachment and exploitation.

How would an admiral of today handle the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805?

Comparing people of today against events of yesteryear is pointless.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom