1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End Of Lexx

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, May 1, 2002.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    What a way for Lexx to end, Kai dies, Lexx die’s although there is a Baby Lexx and the Earth dies. Worst of all the series dies as the Sci Fi channel has cancelled the series.

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Phew! You had me worried for a minute there! :eek:

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    You would have been if I had put it in the Last Curtain Call column.;)

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I haven't watched Lexx for a couple of years, but I can symapthise. I hate it when shows are cut off without the chance to bring the story to a natural end.
    The worst for this was Space: Above and Beyond (Highly underrated!). It actually finished on a cliff hanger which was never concluded! :mad:

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    The funny thing, I think when the other series ended more or less everything was tied up. I suppose this series could be class a non cliff-hanger, but I wonder if the end was decided before the Sci-Fi channel pulled the plug would Kai have come back?

It seems a thing to end series on cliff-hanggers even British programs have started this abyssal idea. I stopped watching Alias because a quarter one episode was in next weeks.

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    For me, Lexx died at the end of the last series. This series is nowhere near as good and consequently I stopped watching it some time ago.

I will be interested to know how Kai can die as he is dead already and hope that if they auction off the props I can have Xev as she would make a nice addition to my bedroom.

7. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Babylon 5 went the other way for winding up the series.

At the ned of season 4 (I think) it seemded there wasn't going to be a season 5, so JMS began winding up the threads to end at the end of season 4. Then Sci-Fi channel or warner (or whoever) said "OK, you can have a season 5". JMS then had to expand what was still left unresolved and spin an entire season out of it.

8. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I used to watch lexx fairly addictively on channel 4 on a friday night......sometimes i even watched it ahead of the late channel 5 film! hehe But then i lost track of ti cos it wasnt well advertised or anything.....i enjoyed it alot, especially the original zev.....not that was definitely somehting to stay up for!

shame its over!

ad

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    Kai beat Prince in a game of Chess, the prize for Kai was to be no longer dead. At the end of this series Earth was being attacked by a giant asteroid monster and Kai went on a suicide mission with a bomb to destroy it, at this point the evil Prince made Kai alive again.

Babylon 5 did leave one thread open, Sheridan was given a present for his future son from Londo Mollari, with a Shadow mind control creature in its base.

10. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,059
    Hi Lex

Completely agree. I thought Space A&B was great aswell. Its a pity it cost so much to make because it would have carried on a bit longer.

As for the cliff hanger ending I don't know if you missed the last episode becuase the one I saw was where 3 of the cast had been killed off (killed off for definite i.e ships blown up etc), the colonel/general had lost his legs and I think he went a bit mad although I can't be sure and that left just the remaining 2 main cast members. Its been a while so I can't remember exactly how it finished.

Greg

11. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Greg,

Yeah, that's about how I remember it finishing as well. However, the producers/writers were intending to carry on with the story in the first episode of season two, but they never got the chance! :(

Another series not ended properly was Millennium. They sort of did a hash up job in an X-Files episode instead!:rolleyes:

graham is right about Babylon5. They were told that the 4th season would be the last, and then cos it was so successful they were given a fifth but had no material left! :rolleyes: Talk about forward planning! :mad:

12. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I started watching Lexx at the start of this series because of comments I'd heard about it. I stopped after the first episode. Tried again a few weeks later and it was equally dire.

I guess your comments explain why I'd heard good things about it before I watched it, but was so disappointed myself.

Cheers,
    Liam

13. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Liam,

It used to be original and funny but as with so many programs the writer(s) simply ran out of ideas but carried on with another series as he was being well paid.

Try to catch series 1 if it's repeated

14. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it was pants myself. Dianes brother was well into it,but he's 29 and still at home:rolleyes:

15. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    All 29 year olds that still live with their parents please feel free to insult Sean.

16. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

As if a reason is needed to insult sean! :p