The end of cheap cds?

satinder

Novice Member
Hi to all

I came across this article today which says that online cd retailors like Amazon and Play who operate on the tax haven of Jersey will have to close within a year :eek:!
I think means the end of cheap cd's or is it just another threat?

Sat

unique

it affects retailers like amazon, tesco, asda, who have "offshore" sites, but it doesn't affect companies based in jersey like play. after the success of play, those companies have tried to copy thier success and use the tax loopholes

it's to stop companies using jerseys name to sell stuff, but not contribute anything to jerseys economy by not having any staff or buy or sell anything directly on the island

anyways, cdwow and other places are usually cheaper anyways

hornydragon

wont stop CDwow who are in Hong Kong either..... so it may make you cahnge your retailers but wont push prices up, may help lower high street price tho

S

shadowritten

To be fair, I've always found amazon to be pretty cheap per se on CDs and DVDs. Certainly more so on back-catalogue stuff, which rip-off high-street retailers like HMV seem happy to sting you for up to £17 (CD) to own!

satinder

Novice Member
unique said:
it affects retailers like amazon, tesco, asda, who have "offshore" sites, but it doesn't affect companies based in jersey like play. after the success of play, those companies have tried to copy thier success and use the tax loopholes
I must of read the article wrong, if it doesn't affect Play then thats good for me as its what i mainly use.

Sat

unique

satinder said:
I must of read the article wrong, if it doesn't affect Play then thats good for me as its what i mainly use.

Sat

i didn't even read the article you posted, but i read that yesterday - i think it was on bbc news website bbc.co.uk

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom