The Emporer's New Cables - Townsend Isolde speaker cable, a Rational Review (tm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomlord_uk

lets reconvene after you've read it :)
It will be an interesting conversation I'm sure. The book is top of my wishlist, gonna finish Schnupp, Nelken and King first though.

Anway, if we accept that the room itself is the final component in the hifi system - and that's an interesting concept! - then the same thing applies, that we seek a room that imposes the least distortion on what enters our ears. I suppose no room short of an anechoic chamber imposes NO distortion. And yet oddly, anechoic chambers sound decidedly unnatural...

So yes, that will be a good discussion, and well worth happening.

Whatever your POV/belief/premise, seems rather rude to single out one manufacturer rather than do a generic post stating your opinions/points
You may have missed blackflash's thread... I got banned from that before I could respond to Max Townshend's posts or further my position. People also got all kind of ruffled about criticising Isolde cable in that particular thread, so instead I posted my criticisms in my own thread. Can't say fairer than that! I didn't therefore pick Isolde out of a hat, if that's what you think; it was very much the subject of discussion, it just wasn't a discussion anyone wanted me to continue to participate in. Don't worry, a more general analysis of speaker cables is forthcoming. It will be equally damning of those who charge more than £1/m for terminated cables... :)

martimu

I did see it and that's what makes the thread come across as if you got the hump with the other thread and got personal.

HeadBanger

I think it was the other way around. They got the hump with Doomlord and got him banned. There are quite a few posts that have now been deleted so all may not be as it now appears on that thread.

martimu

I think it was the other way around. They got the hump with Doomlord and got him banned. There are quite a few posts that have now been deleted so all may not be as it now appears on that thread.
I think I saw most of them. The thread seemed very clear on the premis on which it conducted. the frustration came from the lack of understanding that the OP was happy using their own criteria. I don't want to wander into another never ending cable debate but do feel it is 'not cricket' to direct it at a specific manufacturer. Takes away from sensible debate and comes across as personal - which I don't suppose was the intention

mattkhan

Distinguished Member
but this is an objectivist thread, it can't possibly be emotional :D

I didn't read that thread in detail but I would say Townsend look like the polemicists choice, seems a reasonable approach to making that argument to me.

Steven

Senior Moderator
You may have missed blackflash's thread... I got banned from that before I could respond to Max Townshend's posts or further my position. People also got all kind of ruffled about criticising Isolde cable in that particular thread, so instead I posted my criticisms in my own thread. Can't say fairer than that! I didn't therefore pick Isolde out of a hat, if that's what you think; it was very much the subject of discussion, it just wasn't a discussion anyone wanted me to continue to participate in. Don't worry, a more general analysis of speaker cables is forthcoming. It will be equally damning of those who charge more than £1/m for terminated cables... :)
As has been tirelessly explained to you in private and supplementing public moderator requests, subjective opinions are not moderated.

Personal opinions about other forum members and the manner of posts are however moderated pursuant to forum rule 1

Please stop embarrassing yourself with nonsensical digs at backflash

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom