The Elusive Pace 4000 and NTL

P

Pip_UK

Anyone fortunate enough to have acquired one from NTL?

I was planning on getting a Pronto Pro LCD Remote and they only work with Pace 4000's.

My local NTL engineer has informed me that NTL are strapped for cash and have not had Pace 4000's for months. Apparently new NTL customers are receiving recondonditioned Pace 1000's !

Pip (owner of 2 x Pace 2000's and still hoping):mad:

I think you need to report a faulty box before they replace it, maybe you could sabotage it :devil:

I'm in exactly the same position, although I still went ahead and purchased the pronto. I now only use 2 remotes as opposed to six!

I think Ian Cox, from this forum had some success and I think he lives in the same area as you. He maybe worth seeking out.

Pip

NTL do have some Pace 4000 cable boxes but they are very hard to get hold of. The reason for this is NTL are strapped for cash and were going to get a new batch of Pace cable boxes but could not pay Pace. Because of this NTL are now getting their cable boxes from Samsung (I think).

I am going to get a 4000 cable box because one of my friends works for NTL. I will ask my mate on your chances of getting one of these cable boxes and let you know.

Thanks guys,

Any idea if the new Marantz remote, due for release in May, will fare any better?

Pip

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom