The Elephant Man 4K Collection's Edition Blu-ray Review & Comments

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Thanks Simon. Its a very good film of course but not a film I choose to watch too often - its just not that kind of film. Ill definitely pick this up (minus tat!) later down the line.

Evinger

Thanks Simon. Like Jim Di Griz, not one I can watch often, but brilliant nonetheless.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Thanks Simon. Its a very good film of course but not a film I choose to watch too often - its just not that kind of film. Ill definitely pick this up (minus tat!) later down the line.

There's already a UHD 4K steelbook option you can pre oder from Zavvi that excludes the extras and costs £10 less than the special collectors edition that has the additional material.

jumpman 1972

Standard Member
I bought and watched it on blu-ray about six months ago.
I first watched this film when i was about 9 or 10 and it really affected me, difficult film to watch at times and very moving, i love the ending.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
My copy arrived today. Lovely looking set but, man, Studio Canal really need to sort out their packaging. Another flimsy outer slip / box.

carpman0401

Great review Simon thanks , it’s a very poignant film, the performances were sublime and I genuinely think it’s a masterpiece. As the late Joseph Merrick would say ....” oh..oh thank you “.

chief barker

Distinguished Member
20200412_163453.jpg

I thought I'd post a picture of the Gatefold sleeve to give an idea of what's on offer with the limited edition.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Great, that's almost as good as the picture on Amazon and on Zavvi :)

81G1OVSZYgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The pop up feature of the packaging is a novel idea, but does unfortunately make it harder to both access the other content and makes it harder to get it all back into the sleeve. You cannot do either without first opening up the pop up section despite both ends of the sleeve being open while the pop up feature is closed.

The additional £10 you pay is quite a lot for what you get. You can get the steelbook with the same 3 discs for £10 less.

Last edited:

chief barker

Distinguished Member
I should have written that I love this set instead, hence the picture.

I think it's well worth the extra £10 over the steel.

richp007

Distinguished Member
An astonishing film, one that everyone should see. And the make-up on John Hurt for that time, simply astounding.