The East Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Steve Withers, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Steve Withers

Steve Withers
      Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +8,878
      Alan McDermott delves into corporate espionage and eco-terrorism in Zal Batmanglij's moral thriller.

Read the full review.

2. rapta

rapta

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +147
      Loathed Brit Marling in the past but this role was her best by far. Neat little film, quite interesting but of course very indulgent. Some very good plot beats too, some being genuinely original. Liked the cast too - Ellen Page in her usual gloaty role but it worked well here, underrated native talent Toby Kebbell in a rare appearance, and Alexander Skarsgård who I liked in Generation Kill better but was alluring enough in this. Patricia Clarkson was an added bonus. A giant step up from Sound Of My Voice, which I was rolling my eyes at fairly soon through it.

3. Todd Tomorrow

Todd Tomorrow
      Banned

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,280
      I thought this was quite entertaining till it falls apart at the end when it goes all generic and the depiction of the eco-terrorists was very naive. I preferred Sound of My Voice and its unresolved ambiguities. Props to Britt Marling though for generating projects that are more than just showcases for herself, which have ambition and at least aim to be thought provoking.