• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The DVDWorldUSA Thread

jasonjbj

Established Member
brought many hd dvds ,waiting for the uk player .
but kept getting tempted with the usa machines
better build etc.and i did not want to waitanymore!
so placed a order with dvdworldusa for a a1!!
this was shipped the 6th and it arrived today !!3 days!!fedex.
opened the box and it was the d1. wow!!wow!!
had i been sent the wrong player?
checked my emails and tony had upgraded my package free of charge
due to a shortage of hd-a1!
this player rocks ,its really nice .
loading time is no issue at all,
very easy to hook up.
just got a email from tony and he as now changed the price on the website
for the d1 package with 6 free films to 449.99 for av forums members
this is a steal at this price .not sure how long they will be around for ench the a1 is nearly out of stock everywhere.
so why wait .
so glad i got upgraded ,as i love this machine.
off to watch batman begins!
ps thanks tony dvdworldusa

Danieluwe

Established Member
I too can't reccomend them enough, i had some problems with my card not going through on an order (not anything to do with dvdworldusa)
Spoke to tony who sorted the whole thing out and threw in free express delivery to make sure i got my disks as quickly as possible. I had only selected the budget delivery so should get the disks earlier than i would have done if there wasn't a problem,

I find companys who help you out when they have absolutely no obligation to should be commended. :smashin:

mainaman

Prominent Member
Well,i still wait for shipment of Tokyo Drift and FALILV,ordered friday with express delivery.Obviously out of stock:mad: Fast service though,titles come in three days.

supermackem

Established Member
hmmm first time ive used them, i preorded batman around 4 weeks ago it shipped 7 days ago no sign of it yet. Also seem a little slower at canceling your order than say movietyme.

retrof

Established Member
Watch out those of you outside the UK with DVDWorldUSA - although you may agree to and order using economy shipping, they charge you an extra 1.95 over the agreed amount for 'automatically upgrading the shipping'

Noggin1980

Distinguished Member
Watch out those of you outside the UK with DVDWorldUSA - although you may agree to and order using economy shipping, they charge you an extra 1.95 over the agreed amount for 'automatically upgrading the shipping'

From thier shipping page
Non-UK International Customers Please Note:

Economy Airmail is not available on orders with a value less than £19.99. These will automatically be upgraded to Express Airmail for a safer and faster service (at an additional charge of £1.95). All orders with a value of £19.99 or greater will be dispatched by whichever shipping method the customer chooses.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Just spoke to Tony, he was pretty helpful, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff so had a few questions but he answered them all.

Was just about to order a D1 when I found out it won't play my UK DVD's and there's no multi-region hack.

Guess I will be waiting until Novemeber for the UK version of these.

jasonjbj

Established Member
SimonH
i had the same ideal ,but just ended up keeping my other player for region 2 and 1
and the d1 just for hd dvds (saves wearing it out!)

Dextur

Distinguished Member
SimonH
i had the same ideal ,but just ended up keeping my other player for region 2 and 1
and the d1 just for hd dvds (saves wearing it out!)

That sounds like a good plan, sadly my Panny DVD player died a death last week so I am DVD challenged right now , otherwise I would consider that.

I almost thought about just doing a 'tesco's special' for now to deal with the UK stuff , and getting a D1, but I think I'll just wait the 4 weeks and pick up an E1 or If I'm feeling flash an EX1 .

jasonjbj

Established Member
to be honest ,after seeing batman begins last night ,any normal region 1 or 2
just look poor!
i doubt i buy another region 1 or 2 again.would rather wait for the hd version.

tonydenson

Established Member
Well,i still wait for shipment of Tokyo Drift and FALILV,ordered friday with express delivery.Obviously out of stock Fast service though,titles come in three days.

The availability of certain HD DVD's at the moment is erratic to say the least.

Some titles seem to be "out of stock" indefinitely.

I think that availability will improve as the format develops. I suppose its all about supply and demand.

Regards,

Tony

tonydenson

Established Member

This is simply due to the fact that we ship most of our orders to the UK and enjoy a discounted rate for the volume that we ship there with the economy service. All other countries we can only ship to by the faster and more expensive service, which is better anyway.

I would recommend that all customers in any location use either Standard or Priority for a far safer and faster service......

Regards,

Tony

tonydenson

Established Member
Tony - any plans to reduce the Tosh players to compete with Movietyme (XA1 in particular?)
John,

XA-1s are now discontinued, pending the newer models......

"IF" you can get one cheap, buy it NOW.

Regards,

Tony

SAH

Banned
Recieved my first HD-DVDs from DVDWorldUSA yesterday, great service, fantastic prices.

Will use again.

ALBERTUKI

Standard Member
DvdWorldUsa shipped mine yesterday by FEDEX !!!

Thank you Tony for all your replys from my e-mails.

I am waiting now for it and for various HD-DVD discs.

Edit: Now is flying about the Atlantic Ocean.
Take off well please

I only have a great opinion about Tony and DvdworldUsa.

retrof

Established Member
Kilian etc.:
These discs ship from the US - shipping to UK or Ireland was the same last time I checked with USPS (I am in Ireland). I believe you shall find that a large number of Irish customers purchase from UK suppliers (and US suppliers also).

The order is made at the price shown with "economy" shipping, the order shows with that price in the order history, and the order confirmation also shows the economy price. When you are actually billed, you notice that you have been charged £1.95 extra for this "automatic upgrade".

I wont use this supplier again after this discovery...

retrof

Established Member
Noggin1980: yes, that is stated in the shipping policy. My point is that the order clearly shows free shipping (economy), as does the order history, as does the order confirmation email. Only when you card is charged upon shipping do you suddenly find out that you have been charged an extra 1.95 over the order history/confirmation price.

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
brought many hd dvds ,waiting for the uk player .
but kept getting tempted with the usa machines
better build etc.and i did not want to waitanymore!
so placed a order with dvdworldusa for a a1!!
this was shipped the 6th and it arrived today !!3 days!!fedex.
opened the box and it was the d1. wow!!wow!!
had i been sent the wrong player?
checked my emails and tony had upgraded my package free of charge
due to a shortage of hd-a1!
this player rocks ,its really nice .
loading time is no issue at all,
very easy to hook up.
just got a email from tony and he as now changed the price on the website
for the d1 package with 6 free films to 449.99 for av forums members
this is a steal at this price .not sure how long they will be around for ench the a1 is nearly out of stock everywhere.
so why wait .
so glad i got upgraded ,as i love this machine.
off to watch batman begins!
ps thanks tony dvdworldusa

I think all suppliers are great when your buying something from them and handing over your money. Its easy to be that way. Heck, I'd even kiss your rear if you spent hundereds of pounds in my shop. This (and of course its only my opinion) doesnt deserve praise. The true mark of a company is if you have to cancel any orders or have to return something, or even if something is faulty and has to be returned. You'll then get a true reflection of what a company is all about.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I think all suppliers are great when your buying something from them and handing over your money. Its easy to be that way. Heck, I'd even kiss your rear if you spent hundereds of pounds in my shop. This (and of course its only my opinion) doesnt deserve praise. The true mark of a company is if you have to cancel any orders or have to return something, or even if something is faulty and has to be returned. You'll then get a true reflection of what a company is all about.

This is 100% true. Buying anything is easy. They are sweet as pie first. But there are so many horror stories about when things go wrong, and they can make it so hard for a resolve. Not all companies, just some.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom