The DVD Forums - where have they gone?

dunkrag

Standard Member
Is it just me having trouble accessing The DVD Forums? I haven't been able to access the site since Friday morning.

I don't remember there being an announcement about them being down for the weekend.

Anyone know anything?

andybhoy

Standard Member
Mentioning the dvdforums is a bit like mentioning your wife to the girl you're cheating on her with. ;)

C

cat

think a few have this forum as back-up so would imagine 'where have thedvdforums gone' threads will keep popping up ;)

oxygenuk

Banned
cat said:
think a few have this forum as back-up so would imagine 'where have thedvdforums gone' threads will keep popping up ;)
many people may argue with u on that and say vice versa etc :p

dynamite

Standard Member
I'm with Ono on this. I come here for anything & everything hardware related (I'm here just now because I'm looking to replace my Momitsu with another Media Player + DVD combo). I go to the DVDF to discuss TV programs, & movies and - of course - look to see if there are any new bargains that tempt me. I don't buy Home Cinema Choice for the reviews of new movies, or Empire for their opinion on the free TV they've managed to blag!!!

Anwyay, where are the DVDF???? Not even a comment on DVD Times......

d.

andybhoy

Standard Member
Yeah, I don't come here often, but when I do, it's because it's such a great resource for hardware information.

Oxygenuk seems upset by dvdf, and I think I remember why ;)

dunkrag

Standard Member
I also use both forums. There shouldn't be the need for any jealousy between the two - they are not in competition. Both have their strengths and weakness'.

I view here for all hardware related stuff. DVDf more for software related things.

pjclark1

DVDF do ban people for really silly reasons, I had a week ban for mentioning a CDWOW voucher.
But DVDF are fairly open in allowing links to other forums reviews and information
unlike this forum that removes links, and even posts about other forums

oxygenuk

Banned
ya, thedvdforums is like a nursery.

where as the avf is more like a pub gathering

^ both figure of speechs before the cocky gits get here! :p :rolleyes:

K

KRS ONE

How will the Internet cope with all those inflated egos who no longer have the DVDF. We're doomed I tell ye. :D

CTID

I agree, the dvdf are quite pathetic in their attitude, take for instance the banning of the word Argos!!!! and then banning people if they used it or derivations of it! Unbelievable.

On a side note, .......[ possible libellous comment removed by Ian J ]

RichieB

CTID said:
I agree, the dvdf are quite pathetic in their attitude, take for instance the banning of the word Argos!!!! and then banning people if they used it or derivations of it! Unbelievable.

On a side note, .......[ possible libellous comment removed by Ian J ]
Troll :nono:

How will the Internet cope with all those inflated egos who no longer have the DVDF. We're doomed I tell ye. :D

ya, thedvdforums is like a nursery.

where as the avf is more like a pub gathering

^ both figure of speechs before the cocky gits get here!

So - does anyone know what has happend to the DVD forums?

lovemunkey187

dunkrag said:
Is it just me having trouble accessing The DVD Forums? I haven't been able to access the site since Friday morning.

I don't remember there being an announcement about them being down for the weekend.

Anyone know anything?
Nope. Glad I'm not the only one.

This is my home and the other place is somewhere to go to shoot the **** kinda like a really big card/pool table.

CTID

RichieB, you are my hero. Gosh, when it comes to an argument I am reaching straight for you my good man, your foe must buckle under such an onslaught, and good job on the spelling of Troll, not just once but three times :clap:

Keep it up, I can't wait for your next witty and complex retort.

RichieB

CTID said:
RichieB, you are my hero. Gosh, when it comes to an argument I am reaching straight for you my good man, your foe must buckle under such an onslaught, and good job on the spelling of Troll, not just once but three times :clap:

Keep it up, I can't wait for your next witty and complex retort.
Troll :D

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom