• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The DV32R/FLR video test patterns

lenny

Good afternoon,

are the video test patterns integrated into the DVD drivers good enough or do you use Avia and/or DVE to calibrate your system?

I've the impression that, since an investment into a Colourfacts (or equivalent) is not yet scheduled, what is included into the drivers is fine enough for a SUBJECTIVE calibration.

Any comment / opinion is highly appreciated.

Regards, Lenny

GrahamMG

They are a good start, DVDE is worth running through though..

lenny

Got the suggestion: I'll order a DVE disk in the power buy section animated by Piero Milani.
Do you use colour samplers to make your calibration or do you just do it subjectively?

Ciao, Lenny

hoosterw

Standard Member
Hi,

I have used both DVDE and colour analyser calibration. Like Graham says the built ins are a good start but I found them very limited.
The same goes for the audio. I have used the AV192 internal generated signals for TMREQ but I have also used the DVDE signals and then I get slightly different readings mainly on the dB level adjustment.
I used my ears to conclude which I found most suiteable (realistic?) and settled on the DVDE.

Rgds Hans

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom