1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dukes of Hazzard

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tha-dizzle, Aug 26, 2005.

1. tha-dizzle

tha-dizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ive just got back from watching this and even tho i heard really bad things about it i REALLY enjoyed it!!!

Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott were very funny together on screen!
    The car was real hot as was Daisy Duke aka Jessica Simpson :devil: .

But..........................................

A) I was already a fan of Johnny Knoxville & Seann William Scott
    B) Ive never seen the original series!

Taking this into account maybe im more likely to like it than someone who has seen the original series. Has anyone seen both and if so what did you think?

2. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Watched this on Thursday night and thought that it rocked.

The General looks and sounds fantastic, when they rev that Hemi I got goosebumps all over my body and nearly got so excited that I needed clean strides :blush: .

I grew up watching the original, I was one of many young boys that wanted their Dad to weld the doors of the car shut and paint it orange. I remember going to the Custom Car Show at Doncaster one year and the highlight of the day was the General Lee being there :thumbsup:

3. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Saw it a week ago and thought it was a great film - some bits made me laugh out loud in an embarrassing way!

Doesn't 'Daisy' look damn good in that bikini :devil:

'twas a great day - lunch at Hooters on Hollywood Boulevard, followed by Daisy Duke at the cinema.

4. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +312
    its different in tone to the series (there was no real malicious intent and they were all friends with each other when it came down to it! even boss hogg) the car was the same, daisy role was the same. i really enjoyed it and i love the originals too, didnt spot any original cameos or anything, lots of references to the original series though and some great stuntwork with the general! yeee hawww

5. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Please tell me it's not another Starsky and Hutch. That was one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. Not because I remember the original with fondness.....but because it was just sh*t.

6. Spooky

Spooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    saw it last night and what can ya say , great popcorn no thinkin kinda movie........... otherwise known as pure fun. No one should ever go to see it for great acting or story (there not featured) but come on if the General Lee's engine roar or Daisy doesnt make ya enjoy this yer dead :D
    Spooks

7. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    Its just cars and a lovely young lass fellas........

BRILLIANT

8. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Theres more to life than that?

Damn. Wish someone had told me sooner.

:D

9. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,404
    Just watched it...very entertaining...I enjoyed the film almost as much as I enjoyed spotting the cast of Super Troopers, my only complaint (minor) were the parts in the city, it didn't feel right and seemed to be there just so they could get some easy/cheap race related laughs and poke fun at the Dukes in an obvious way!

YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAW...

10. rob j

rob j

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I really cannot understand why all the reviews I have seen for this film have been so dire - I mean 1* reviews, no stars, turkey of the month etc. Many of the reviews I've read have not stopped short of proclaiming that there must be something wrong with us if you get any enjoyment out of The Dukes of Hazzard at all :suicide:

Utter B******s the lot of them! :mad:

I really enjoyed this film, it cracked me up! The action was great, the comedy had me cracking up and Daisy Duke was fantastic! :D

It seems to me that all the reviewers have just jumped on the bandwagon of ignorance! :rolleyes:

Its directed by Jay Chandrasekhar of the Broken Lizard team, of whom also did Super Troopers and the not so great Club Dread.

The cameos from the Broken Lizard team had me in stitches! If you've already seen Super Troopers then you will appreciate this film so much more! Trust Me ;)

11. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I'll go with the press reviews on this one. :thumbsup:

Yes - there finally is a film worse than Van Helsing!

Was in someone's house the other night and this was playing on a "naughty" disc they'd bought from a car-boot sale.

After half-an-hour I was ready to kill myself or someone else. I swear I would have drawn blood if I'd paid money to see this at the cinema. Redefines the term "moronic". Dire beyond belief! :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

CaptainH - rest assured it's not another Starsky & Hutch. Compared to this Starsky & Hutch is a work of high art. Even as a young 'un I thought the TV series was dross, but this is infinitely worse.

See the rave reviews here.

If you aren't troubled by a moving picture without brain, plot or wit, populated by dolts, with a script probably written in purple crayon, and are content to see cars go boom-crash-bang for 90 mins then by all means have a dip.

All others seeking a film of some sort - AVOID!

12. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Saw Dukes this weekend and it was great! Loved the car and the cast. I think they did a pretty good job.