The DS/DSi Screen Protector Thread

Excellent guide, Gaffer, thanks. Pleased to say that the screen I ordered appears to be legit, according to your guide.

This is probably a stupid question, but do the Hori screen protectors only go on the touch screen or could I put one on the top screen as well?

My kids seem to have permanently mucky fingers and using one for the top screen would help keep that safe when they are stabbing around with fingers or styli trying to show their siblings something important.

Cheers :).
There should be two screen protectors. From memory, one is a slightly (marginally) different size to the other.
So one is made to fit the lower screen and the other the upper screen.
(I seem to recall the lower screen protector being slightly smaller as it has to fit within the bevelled surround of the lower case. The upper screen has it's glass covering over it's bevelled surround so the screen protector for that is slightly larger to cover all the glass).

Hori ones are the best for consoles. easily to apply, no bubbles, but you really need to get that screen clean of dust before you apply it, also the bottom one you need to leave 1/2mm offset on the left side when you apply it as it is not a perfect fit, top one fits perfect, when you apply it, start from left, drag it so it's inline then slowly bend it down to the screen and using a piece of straight card or the one applied to smooth it down to the screen, from left all the way to the right.., then use the cloth supplied and rub it all over once done to make sure it's perfectly flat, then remove the top protective layer

I can put them on perfect pretty much every time, although best putting it on as soon as you buy the ds, takes between 3-7 mins, but buy 2 or 3 just in case, there like 4 for £10 on ebay, cheap enough..

We have purchased a DS lite for our soon to be 6 year old and I am looking for some screen protectors. I see they are for sale in the usual places and wonder if any of you guys could recommend some. Some reviews state you should be careful when buying as some brands are known to leave air bubbles after application.

Has anyone had good experiences with a certain brand?

Regards. :)

I brought the ebay link above and then found this thread. Looks like I have brought the rubbish rip off version according to the OP, it has a white colour screen wipe and more stickers than it should have on the protectors.

Can't bloody stand ebay, had not used them for so long but thought today "they can't all be scammers" :(

It was only a few quid and the guy will get bad feedback once it arrives.

** edit **

saying that though, he has sold many in the past and nobody has complained of quality issues..... time will tell....

Last edited:
Hmm, I bought 4 off some dude a while back used two of them, look genuine to me, as no bubbles, I can pop one in the post for you, PM me your address...

Also the one you bought it did say Genuine in the advert, if it is fake make a complaint to ebay...

Hmm, I bought 4 off some dude a while back used two of them, look genuine to me, as no bubbles, I can pop one in the post for you, PM me your address...

Also the one you bought it did say Genuine in the advert, if it is fake make a complaint to ebay...

Yeah, let's see what turns up in the post. I won't be too upset at loosing £3.00 but I will make sure everyone else who is looking for such items will be aware that this sellers are fake :smashin:

I have deleted my earlier rant about these protectors, it would not be fair if someone read my comments and decided not to buy from that seller.

If I had of read the instructions properly the first time it would have been obvious.

So yeah, this seller sells proper Hori protectors and they look great on my screen with no bubbles

Last edited:
Anyone know thye best place to get these now?

I had cheap ones, but they weren't great - air bubbles, edges peeling off etc.

Can anybody recommend a good screen protector for a Nintendo DSi?

I like Martin Fields protectors but at around £20 I think it's a little expensive.

Anything cheaper than doesn't reduce light output or touch sensitivity?

I'd recommend Hori ones :), but unfortunately there are quite a few fakes around so beware (esp. on ebay - see my first post).

As this is a screen protectors Q, i'll merge it into this thread.

Last edited:
Been looking for some decent covers for my little boy's DS.

Do the ones for the Lite also fit the regular DS?

I don't even mind paying up to £20 if needs must but I want a genuine Nintendo product.

Guys, I can't find an official Nintendo screen protector.

Anyone know of any?

Do the ones for the Lite also fit the DSI? It's really annoying when you stumble across some of these protectors as they all seem to only say "fits DS Lite".

Why you all want an official screen protector? You can find very high quality invisibleSHIELD's in ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Nintendo Gaming Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield , it is invisible and it covers almost all your Nintendo so not only your screen will be protected.

Actually I have been impressed with these for the iPhone, but until I got one last summer I'd never heard of them (Hori were better known a couple of years ago).....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom