1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Doves

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by seany, May 13, 2003.

1. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just bought the doves 1st album for the 2nd time after lending it out and never getting it back:rolleyes: It just beats there new album, but only just, They should be bigger then they are, but i'm sort of glad there not.

I was well into sub sub (which they were) and have space face from round about 91 on 12inch worth about £30 in good con,

Anyway they've been making great music for a long time now.

Are there any doves (or sub sub) fans about on here?

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doves fan here :hiya: I think they're first album is better as well mate :smashin:

Sub Sub rings a bell ..... :confused:

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Saw them in concert at the Eden Project last summer.. pretty cool! :smashin:

4. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the lead singer and another band memeber were behind a massive 80/90's dance track..(read it somewhere)..........but,icant remember which one!

5. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Saw them live when they supported OASIS in July 2000 @ Wembly Stadium. Top band (great live to).

Regards,

6. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Saw them as a support act for Travis at Newcastle arena, they were pretty subdued live. Cant say I could get too excited about their music after that, which is why I have never bothered purchasing any of the albums. Travis produced less accomplished music, but it was similar to listening to a a string quartet, followed by Metallica, Travis just blew them away.

I keep walking past the Doves album and wonder if Im missing out, got a feeling I would probably listen once, then it would languish in the un used portion of my cd collection...............which begs the question, time to start a new thread.

7. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The most famous one was 'if there aint no love then there aint no use' But 'space face' was a massive underground hit and a very rare tune (which i have)

They made alot of house tracks as 'sub sub' underground stuff really, there just all rounders.

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I knew Sub Sub rang a bell for something. Great choon man :clap:

9. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've picked up both albums on the strength of the first single(s) (The Cedar Room, There Goes The Fear) and in both cases have found that those fantastic tracks were, by far, the strongest on the albums (and I hate it when that happens)

I do think they subscribe to theory "why make a mediocre track last 3 minutes when you can stretch it out to 6".....:rolleyes: