The Doors 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Discussion in '4K Ultra HD Blu-rays' started by Phil Hinton, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Simon Crust

Simon Crust
      Movie Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,686
      • Thanks Thanks x 5
      • Like Like x 2
      • List
    2. dmk1198

dmk1198

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +473
      Just watched it 4k HDR Atmos on apple TV
      Yep you bang on
      Best watched drunk
      Absolutely loved it!
      Sounded fecking great to

3. Goonerdude

Goonerdude

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +312
      Looking forward to watching this picked it up for £5.99 the other day :thumbsup:

4. Donnacha

Donnacha
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4,701
      Hated this when I first saw it at the cinema as I didn't like Morrison's character, but admittedly didn't know much about him. Since then I've learned more about him, appreciated the music more and bought some of the records. Perhaps a re-watch in 4k is needed? Thanks for the review

5. golden phoenix

golden phoenix
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +5,050
      people have often commented on how much artistic license films like this take, however i don't ever think Oliver stone or indeed any other film like bohemian rhapsody are supposed to be factual accounts of what happened...there not bio pics and get classed as such..its a perspective...John Densmores' version of Jim Morrison of which the film is based on in his book riders of the storm shows this side, and it is extremely factual in places even using the same words Jim used or depicting events that actual happen like new haven gig.

Ray Manzarek's version of Jim i think is very romanticized, he likes to focus on the poet aspect rather than the self destructive addict Jimbo...i think stone did an excellent job of depicting peoples perception of the swinging sixties in peoples minds, even if some artistic licence has been taken..i for one love the doors, and i'm very familiar with their work and read countless accounts of this version of Jim..some of which is confirmed in people are strange doc contained in this set.

i did find some of the colours looking over-saturated in places particularly in the beginning of the film..but i'm so grateful for this release

thanks for the review Simon shame they couldn't have updated the bluray in this set or moved the commentary to the 4k disc (in fact give us a new commentary)