The Dog House

jagdeepp

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hey dudes. The title of the thread tells you this is the place i go when i'm told off by She who must be obeyed... As you can imagine i now enjoy being told off often, in fact everyday, in fact i can't get anything right anymore! :laugh:

Many of you would've seen the build of my project in the home cinema diy section. (Titled -'My detached haven')

I've not had an opportunity to do the final pics and quite frankly thought the time it'd take to take pics and upload them i could use that time to do something a little different. So here it is... A Video ( a first on here) of my project.

Like many of you i was fascinated by the Grand AV designs project started up on here with Phil Hinton. Unfortunately we've not seen many more. I decided therefore to produce my own. Here's my little effort, hopefully it'll show up and be enjoyed by at least a few of you! It took just over an hour to prepare and doesnt actually look so bad! The music works well too. Note however that black levels in the video are in no way representative of the excellent black levels i'm achieving with the projector.

I'm hoping to start another thread here in due course where we could all contribute our videos which are far more entertaining than pics alone (I'm sure you'll agree.)

Enjoy... and pardon my discrete mini guest appearance at one point which in hindsight was a little silly but hey ho!

**********video REMOVED...... A Grand AV Designs feature may follow......***********

Edited on 15 /12/ 10 to add the following:

Right folks, project is now finally complete.. err well apart from painting the PJ box but that wont take long.

Here goes:

Rear view from the right. Curtains closed. Looks very theatre'ish me thinks

rearviewn.jpg

Here's a couple of the new seating arrangement having built a riser and added more comfy sofas

frontright.jpg

frontleftb.jpg

A few shots of movies running with curtains open:

reargoodfellas.jpg

lights turned down low..

dsc0324ed.jpg

Abit of microwave popcorn to munch on during the feature presentation - 2 mins in a micro and job done! A dash of Tabasco sauce, quick shake and you have pop corn with vaa vaa voom!

popcorn.jpg

Another quick shot of the theatre

360pad.jpg

The electric curtain rail is working fine. Not too noisy at all. Definitely adds to the wow factor! I wont be adding a video just yet. It'll feature at some stage over the next couple of months.

I think i can now finally say.. (despite still having to give the pj box a lick of paint) Job done! As i said once before some years ago.. "I love it when a plan comes together"

Last edited:
It won't play:)

Nice idea, shame it doesn't work! Says something about having to be your friend to be able to see it - but i don't even know you!!!

ok, i'll sort it out in a bit. think it may be something to do with privacy settings.

****amended settings - can someone please confirm whether it now works?****

Last edited:
Working Ok now:thumbsup: very nice setup.

Pheww! Thanks mate, got there in the end with all this youtube malarky!

That's properly class Jagdeepp:thumbsup:

I've gotta get me that Pearl & Dean clip. Do you have a link at all?
Took me right back to my childhood. I wonder if the Walls Orange Mivvi advert is still available.

You look handy with the video side of things, have you seen the rendering program (blender) that you can download that lets you recreate the '20th Century Fox' video clip but allows you to replace that text with your own?

Here's a link, It's in German initially but there is an english post further down the thread. You can still make out the hyperlinks that let you download the bits you need:
Eigener Trailer im 20th Century Fox Style

Very good to watch but what the hell was that choice of music come on sir your a professional gent something a bit less hip hop please:D.

haha i liked the hip hop, kept expecting an outside shot of a pool with some bikini clad women and a man in a fur coat

but seriously that looks amazing! very jealous :)

I actually spent quite some time thinking about the music before i put those tracks on. I was trying to do the 'cribs' thing with the hip hop music. I actually thought it worked? :facepalm: lol

Diesel, I've actually got the 20th Century intro and i've done the blender thing. I didn't put that on here as it displays my surname. I'd replaced 20th Century Fox with "***** Digital Theatre" which i didnt want to disclose as it makes me easier to track down. I'd have otherwise put that on.

I've got the link to the Pearl & Dean somewhere. I'll put it up later tonight.

Cheers!

I actually spent quite some time thinking about the music before i put those tracks on. I was trying to do the 'cribs' thing with the hip hop music. I actually thought it worked? :facepalm: lol

Diesel, I've actually got the 20th Century intro and i've done the blender thing. I didn't put that on here as it displays my surname. I'd replaced 20th Century Fox with "***** Digital Theatre" which i didnt want to disclose as it makes me easier to track down. I'd have otherwise put that on.

I've got the link to the Pearl & Dean somewhere. I'll put it up later tonight.

Cheers!

i think it does work and its very cribs-esque :)

Very Cool!! Was a great insite to the awesome work you have done!! Well done

So how do I see this on the ipad then?

Great video, and wicked room!

I look forward to it :smashin:

ok, the link to the site from where i've downloaded it is no longer live. I've been on youtube and have recovered the 1990's Pearl & Dean intro in 1080p!

Here's the link

YouTube - Pearl & Dean Intro - 90s

To download it you'll need the latest (free) Real player. Once installed it'll allow you to download youtube videos to your pc hard drive. Download the above video and place it into the folder for your movie. Say for instance you've got Quantam Of Solace, put it in a folder by that title. Name the main movie QOS or something (can stick to original title) then call the trailer file which you copy into that folder the same title but add (1) at the end of it so you'll have QOS (1) Go into Windows Media Centre. When the folder comes up click play all and your trailer will play first leading onto the movie next. Voila! You can add as many trailers as you like. I've got the personalised 20th Century Fox intro followed by the Pearl and Dean then straight into the movie.

Great looking place you've got there mate, very jealous. I've got a dog house too, only problem is my dog spends all her time in it ( and it's a little cramped for me :rotfl: )

As far as the Pearl and Dean intro goes, I personally like the 70s version as found here :-
YouTube - Pearl and Dean 1970s

Cheers !

Great looking place you've got there mate, very jealous. I've got a dog house too, only problem is my dog spends all her time in it ( and it's a little cramped for me :rotfl: )

As far as the Pearl and Dean intro goes, I personally like the 70s version

Cheers !

Aaargh. .the asteroid 70's version. I agree it's easier on the eye than the nauseating 90's one but it reminds me of the dingier smoke filled theatres with the cramped uncomfortable torn red fabric seats.

You need to dump the bitch (female dog) out of your dog house and get a projector in there dude..

:smashin:Now that I've seen it I'm bl**dy impressed. Well done mate - cracking job!

Awesome setup, on your media is their a reason you havn't categorised your films?

Also how do you get the picture background to work?

Awesome setup, on your media is their a reason you havn't categorised your films?

Also how do you get the picture background to work?

Quite a simple answer to the first question..i couldn't be bothered. To be honest, categorising would be great but i find it just as easy scrolling through the movies. It's possible to adjust the thumbnails so i can display more movies at a time. That media centre plugin also allows for auto categorisation (spelling!?) but i found it annoying. I simply prefer movies in alphabetical order.

To get the picture backdrop i save a file in the movie folder as backdrop.jpg i also use Media Centre Master, a clever little programme which if directed to your movies folder automatically downloads backdrops folder pic's and metadata.

Thanks for the kind words fella :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom