1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Distillers......

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Nello, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought Coral Fang by The Distillers. Sound like Hole at the first listen. Anyone know anything about them?

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    bits, its the wife of the lead singer out of Rancid. Apart from that ?

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Ex-wife now. She dumped him a few months back.

I find they're pretty good to listen to as long as you don't know what the singer (the aforementioned Brodie Armstrong) is actually saying. Background music basically but hardly serious listening material.

4. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    She must have reverted to her maiden name then cos she's Brodie Dalle on the album credits. Single you say? Ooh, I think she's quite :devil: :devil: :devil:

Luckily enough it's both hard to understand her lyrics and impossible to read them from the CD sleeve. There's lots of red and black and white and blood and gore and imagery in there making you think they're one f'd up band or thev'ye cottoned on to what the 'punk kids' want to associate music with. blood and gore? i wanted beer and sex when i was growing up . what is going on in the world :lesson:

anyway, good tunes on there but as eviljohn2 says it's not very serious (or at least I hope people don't take it seriously). still, this sort of stuff isn't meant to be serious is it? turn it up though and you'll be jumping around like a little boy again, i like that.

5. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    It got a review in this months Q. 3 stars. Trying to be like Hole, retro punk outfit, they didnt rate it, but whose to say.

6. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I remember reading something in Q saying that the white Stripes were not all that, so says a lot for there opinion. Personally I hate Music reviews in magazines.

The distillers album is amazing although you can tell it was produced by Rancid.