1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dish

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by GarryF, May 1, 2001.

1. GarryF

GarryF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet and I'm sure most of you know already but this film has been out in R4 for a few weeks now and can be had in 3 days or so from Australian retailers, it's not out in the UK cinema until 11th may.

I watched it last night and quite enjoyed it.

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Not a bad film this, quite the sunday afternoon piece. I was trying to think of the best way to sum it up and came up with crudely quaint - being that it's primarily about a bunch of Aussies!
    Those out there old enough will no doubt get nostalgic about the hype filled days of the moon landing and where you were at the time. Sam Neill is on form, as ever, playing the sedate but strong and worthy type in charge of the space receiver dish. He is supported well by the ensemble cast who work along side him and those that play official/towns folk with their classic Australian quirksome behaviour.
    There are a number of both subtle and upfront jokes/set pieces to savour. Of note, I can't remember laughing as much at a rendition of the 'American' anthem.
    Worth a view;)

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Extras are amazing, if you were brought up in the space race era some of the Apollo mission film is fantastic. Theres a piece of film showing the lift off and the Cameras can clearly see first stage seperation from the ground. Apparently this footage was never used, as the Ammericans did not want the Russians to see the quality of their image systems.

4. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ooh, deja vu :) I watched this again last night. A superb and very funny film.