1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The disc could not be read"

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by MarkTy, Sep 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MarkTy

MarkTy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am unable to play any games on my new PSP. Everytime I switch it on the message "The disc could not be read" comes up.

Has anyone else expereinced this...and is their a solution apart from sending it back.

It was bought at GAME who have given me a phone number to ring....Sony themselves I believe for a replacement....but I thought under the Sale of goods act, GAME had to replace it themselves.

Please help me with some advice...i'm going mad

2. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    dam right game have a responsibility to you,you have a contract with them as well as customer service, if there is a problem take it back ans insist they sort it out, a phone call to head office beforehand is worthwhile as well, and get names.

3. MarkTy

MarkTy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I rang the number anyway, and they're sending out a replacement by courier on Tuesday.
    They give you new PSP, battery and mains/recharging cable, you give them exactly the same back, In other words you keep all the other bits and pieces...

4. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    GAME have a responsibilty to you, just so you know for future reference. They are obliged to give you a replacement or a full refund. Don't take crap from them.

5. MarkTy

MarkTy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At least this way, it's no hassle for me at all. I don't even have to leave home...and I dodn't have to wait for GAME to get one in stock.