The Dinner Party - BBC HD

kevmarshall

Novice Member
Just had a peep at the first few minutes of this as I recorded it last night.

Amp shows DD 5.1 but sounded odd so I checked and found nothing coming from centre speaker.:mad:

Surprised to see no mention on here this morning.......................hope it's not just me:suicide:

kevmarshall

Novice Member
Whoops............just seen the BBC HD centre channel thread............sorry:suicide:

mkcurtis

Novice Member
I sat through this and thought I had wasted 1 hour of my life when it finished. Is this a one off, what was it actually about?! Title gives it away I guess but is that it now?!

StuBFrost

I watched this on HD but I found with this (and the same thing happened on The Chase) that whenever there is fast movement that the picture seems to blur slightly.

This doesn't seem to happen on things like Heroes which is fine.

Stu

Martin J.

Novice Member
I saw some and decided it was a complete waste of time. The quality of the HD version was so poor that I could imagine lots of "I can't see the difference" conversations happening across the country.

So much motion blur it was unwatchable in parts. And the audio was screwed up again. On average, it seems the quality of the BBC service is on the downgrade.

Bachstrad

Novice Member
I enjoyed it! :smashin:

But then I remember Abigail's Party, which Alison Steadman was also in. I expect having watched that, helped with my enjoyment of this new program!

I didn't notice any motion blur myself.

ATB

Max

tiresias

Novice Member
I enjoyed it! :smashin:

But then I remember Abigail's Party, which Alison Steadman was also in. I expect having watched that, helped with my enjoyment of this new program!
I didn't think it was as good as Abigail's Party, though Alison Steadman and Rupert Everett were both good. Bit more obvious than AP.

fernandez

Novice Member
I sat through this and thought I had wasted 1 hour of my life when it finished. Is this a one off, what was it actually about?! Title gives it away I guess but is that it now?!
Well,it got an audience of 6.9 million and a viewing share of 29%.
I'll agree with tiresias that it wasn't as good the classic Abigail's Party which was described at the time (1977) as
"A painfully funny impression of social airs and disgraces"
Watch if you can

But. I'm going off-topic now.............

KenjohnB

Novice Member
I have to admit I quite enjoyed it - maybe its my age. I did notice some motion blur though, which I thought didn't happen on a Plasma. However, it didn't spoil the enjoyment. I've seen far worse things on TV recently - often highly promoted which were not worth the time or effort.

Ken

Bachstrad

Novice Member
I didn't think it was as good as Abigail's Party, though Alison Steadman and Rupert Everett were both good. Bit more obvious than AP.
I agree, it wasn't as good as Abigail's Party, but having watched it, that did help! Which is what I wrote in the first place! :D

ATB

Max

nickeddle

Novice Member
I agree it was a good program,but not as good as Abigail's Party.
I did not notice any motion blur on my Plasma.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom