The Digiboxshop.com- Lack of customer service

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by CBR1000RR, Apr 26, 2005.

1. CBR1000RR

CBR1000RR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I the only one suffering from the poor customer service from the digiboxshop.com?

They don’t answer their customer service helpline and they don’t have the courtesy to answer my emails.

The story so far is:

I ordered a Pace sky+ box from their website on the 26/02/2005 that never arrived on the date they gave me.
    After many attempts to contact them which proved to be impossible, I finally got in touch with Worldpay who processed my payment to them and asked them to help. Within the hour the digiboxshop got in touch with me telling me my order had now been dispatched.

My sky+ box finally arrived 2 weeks late. Not that much of a problem but during that 2 weeks wait the digiboxshop never contacted me informing me that it would be delayed until I informed Worldpay.

Anyway problem over I thought, but now 2 months later my sky+ box has developed a fault. I again contacted the digiboxshop by email informing them that it no longer works correctly. Again I couldn’t get through to their customer helpline. To my great surprise within the hour the digiboxshop rings me up. I was impressed that they had contacted me so soon and put down the problem with the delivery as just a mix up on their part, even though they never once apologised about it.

Anyway I tell them about my faulty sky+ box and they ask me some questions about the fault and try to help me reset it over the phone. (The problem was the sky+ box was struck in standby and would not switch on). They inform me that the box needs to be returned so they can examine it. I was told to return it by Parcel Force and it would cost approx £12 but if a fault was found it would be refunded, which is fair enough.

I sent the sky+ box back last week and according to the Parcel Force website they have received it. And that’s the last I’ve heard from them. Again I cannot get through to their customer helpline and after sending them 3 emails they still have not replied even though it states on their website that all emails are answered the same day.

So, anyone any ideas what I should do?

I have already informed my credit card company that I now wish to dispute my payment to the digiboxshop.com.

What I would have expected to receive from the digiboxshop customer service is:-

1. They would have informed me that they had received the faulty sky+ box.
    2. Emailed me saying they had found out what the fault was and whether it was repairable
    3. Emailed me about when a repaired/replacement sky+ box was being dispatched to me.

So until they resolve this matter with me and they improve their customer service I can only recommend that you do not purchase anything off their website as they might treat you the same way.

If and when I receive a reply and my sky+ box back from them I will add to this thread.

2. doff

doff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a Sky+ 160 from digiboxshop.com earlier this month. It had a number of faults, mainly to do with sound. I sent it back to them last week. However, they have not replied to my numerous emails, and it is impossible to contact them by phone.
    The postage cost was £10.50, however their Terms&Conditions say they will only refund a maximum of £5.50.

3. CBR1000RR

CBR1000RR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My replacement sky+ box arrived today. But no mention of refunding me the cost of the return postage.

Have emailed them, fingers crossed i will get a reply.

4. doff

doff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A new Sky+ 160 arrived yesterday. Up to now it does not appear to have the problems of the previous box.

I received an email notification from WorldPay.com of a Full refund of postage costs to my credit card.

It appears that digiboxshop.com customer service does work, if a bit on the slow side.