The Detectorists

Im enjoying this and making me warm to detectorists who are much maligned in my profession.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's hilarious, but there are some funny, and laugh out loud moments (especially with the mad as a frog land owner). I'd best describe it as a gentle comedy. Far better than the other "comedy" show it's up against!

I enjoyed last nights episode, especially the expletive, although we were warned by the BBCFour announcer it was still very unexpected and funny.

Glad to see BBC4 have ordered a second series of this.

Loved season 1...genuine, gentle humour with excellent script writing and some fine performances...

Really enjoyed the first series of this and actually watched it live if I recall which is astounding in itself these days.

Excellent

On tonight. Really cannot wait. Was pretty much my favourite program last year.

Loved season 1...genuine, gentle humour with excellent script writing and some fine performances...

I agree. It was immediately obvious that the writing was a cut above most things. The cast was great and I'm looking forward to S2 a lot.

Enjoying the second series with the only downside being the run time on each episode is nowhere near enough. Is it just another 6 part same as the first series?.

Yeah. It is consistently brilliant.

Lots to resolve in the last 30min episode tonight. Over way too quickly.

Toby Jones/Lance's facial emotion upon his archaeological discovery in the last few minutes was one of the best tv moments I've seen in a long time

Another very fine & charming series :thumbsup:

32! :laugh:

There's a Xmas special to really look forward to on 23rd December.

Toby Jones/Lance's facial emotion upon his archaeological discovery in the last few minutes was one of the best tv moments I've seen in a long time
I almost wept, don't think I've been rooting for characters like that before.

BBC4, Wed 23rd Dec, at 10pm ...
Special seasonal episode of the award-winning comedy about metal detectorists Andy and Lance. With his Anglo-Saxon treasure on display at the museum and the reward money finally on its way, Lance hasn't even found so much as a ring-pull in months. Russell thinks he knows why - it's the Curse of the Gold.

Special episode tonight I think.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom