The Descent

BazMan

Recieved this today from ScreenSelect, after you guys recommended it as a horror film with good surround.

Jeepers!

A very scary and atmospheric film with awesome DTS sound. At one point, I swear I checked behind the settee...:eek:

Thanks again chaps :thumbsup:

Jaymzee

Yup, i watched this a couple of weekends ago with the wife and a friend of her's, everyone enjoyed it, and p:oops: themselves at various points through out. Big :thumbsup:

calibradtm

the first time you see the creatures up close,the camera pans across and one is stood behind one of the women cavers,scared me! :eek:

Lord Midas

Novice Member
Heh, good film.
I kept jumping throughout the film. Much to the mirth of the missus :rolleyes:

BazMan

It was when the woman kept hearing her dead little girls' voice - the voice (whispering "mummy") came right out of the rear surrounds, right behind my head. I now have a dent in the ceiling above the settee...

Ger

Most unsettling part for me was the girl who gets stuck while crawling through the narrow passage near the start of the film. That had me s***ing myself from there onwards :rolleyes:

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
Clever film. Seems to tap into the whole claustraphobia thing, lost and desperate but then ups the ante with sheer horror/terror.

Pete.

Rambles

Distinguished Member
I saw this film a couple of nights ago - selected DTS sound, and it scared the life out of me, I had nightmares and everything... good film!

Lee

What did you make of the ending:eek: Me...disappointed.

Great film though.

Rambles

Distinguished Member
leej said:
What did you make of the ending:eek: Me...disappointed.

Great film though.
Yes, the ending was pretty sick, but I guess anything else would not have been believeable..

ELV

Theres a lot more going on in this film than meets the eye.Why the long lingeering shot of the forgotten pills??

Great film, agree about the stuck in the passage bit.

robzter

Novice Member
watched this last night on the PJ and it handled it very very well (Optoma DV10) and what a great movie and i loved the ending.did anyone else think that the last women alive was begining to act and crawl like the nasty gollum like evils??do you think the nasties were once climbers?and they had been breeding??

drunkenmaster

Novice Member
robzter said:
.did anyone else think that the last women alive was begining to act and crawl like the nasty gollum like evils??do you think the nasties were once climbers?and they had been breeding??

Yep there seemed to be other movie references scattered throughout the film as well. :D

I also think the evil little buggers were once climbers who either got lost within the cave system or decided to to squat there forever. They started breeding, evolved and tuned out to just like the inbred rednecks we see in horror flicks nowadays. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom