"The Descent" - The ultimate LCD stress test.

roohster2 said:
You're right PJ, it's my Ae700 - that pic is a particularly bad example of VB, and I don't notice it most of the time. (Too busy enjoying the film!)

Hi, yes I'm sure you are right. Hence why it's so difficult to capture a clear shot of VB, I don't think you realise what a rare pic that is. I've seen lots of people ask for pics of VB and I've never seen anyone come up with anything as exemplary as that.
roohster2 said:
PS, for five points, anyone name the film in my pic?

Is it Hero?

roohster2 said:
You're right PJ, it's my Ae700 - that pic is a particularly bad example of VB, and I don't notice it most of the time. (Too busy enjoying the film!)

PS, for five points, anyone name the film in my pic?

I think it's The Cell, with Jennifer Lopez.

For another VB shot, look at this pic the blokes at Cine4home took of the AE900:

http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projektoren/PTAE900/VB3.jpg

If you want to see really, and I mean REALLY bad VB, I should take a pic of my AE100 playing a DVD being driven on the component inputs by my modded XBOX... The result is horrendous VB with the PJ that I don't get with interlaced input from the Tosh220 or when driven by my PC.

I watched the descent last night on my epson tw10h and I agree about the amount of black in it being a good test,
my epson passed the test. :smashin:
at least I think it must have passed but I was so into this movie I did'nt really have time to think about how good it looked, but it did look good, I think....
I had to change my kacks though cos I s**t mesen. :eek: :D

gingercat said:
If you want to see really, and I mean REALLY bad VB, I should take a pic of my AE100 playing a DVD being driven on the component inputs by my modded XBOX... The result is horrendous VB with the PJ that I don't get with interlaced input from the Tosh220 or when driven by my PC.

Is there a setting on the XBOX to switch between "Component" and "RGB", I found this on the PS2 when outputting into my AE100 component and had it on wrong setting at first.

The XBox doesn't have any video format setting other than enabling the progressive modes if you have the HDTV (component) kit plugged in (and have set the box to NTSC (modded)) - shame really!

Grubert said:
I think it's The Cell, with Jennifer Lopez.

Absolutely right Grubert!
That shot sums up the term "cinematic" - beautiful colours, contrasts and depth. Not a bad film either. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom