The Descent - Special Edition ????

davidwatsonok

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I had a copy of The Descent on VHS which I lost when my VCR went bang last week :( I thought I'd get a copy on DVD and noticed THIS due for release on Mar 6th. Any ideas if there is to be a special edition of some kind as I haven't heard anything ?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have this this 'Two Disc Special Edition'' which looks to be exactly the same apart from the different packaging!

Yeap, all the same features and soundtracks. A bit strange :)

that is odd... was there some problem/mistake with the way the original dvd was presented or somthing?

Becuase why would the release this again just in a different box?

Well, as it was only cheap I bought the new version, and I can confirm it is exactly the same 2 disc set as before apart from it having a card sleeve around the case.

davidwatsonok said:
Well, as it was only cheap I bought the new version, and I can confirm it is exactly the same 2 disc set as before apart from it having a card sleeve around the case.

This is the one I got. Can anyone explain the reason for the square cut-out in the sleeve which lines up with the "openy-up" bit in the case?

BazMan said:
This is the one I got. Can anyone explain the reason for the square cut-out in the sleeve which lines up with the "openy-up" bit in the case?

Yup. It's for the security lock used by stores that keep their disks in their boxes and are not tagged (hmv for example). It prevents the box from being opened to deter thieves.

I found this out as I bought a dvd from hmv and got home to find the stupid staff left it on. At first I didn't know what the red plug was and then spent over an hour with knives/screwdrivers/scissors/etc. trying to open the dvd case. I couldn't do it and admitted defeat and went back the next day with the receipt and asked for the plug thingy to be removed.

davidwatsonok said:

Just seen an ad on telly promoting the re-released special editions from Pathe. They all have this same style outer sleeve so it's basically an attempt to encourage people to buy more from the same distributor so that they look neat lined up next to each other. :smashin:

I got Magic Roundabout SE from cd-wow today and it has the identical new cover style to my re-issued descent. I notice that the amaray cover under the slip cover for both are the old original designs.

The good news is that most are selling the re-issued versions a lot cheaper than the original versions. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom