The Descent coming to blu in UK

RickDastardly

Established Member
Reaction score
Spotted hmv adverts for this in the new Empire. Release date is 09-11-2009. Anyone got any info on the disc? Will it be like the US release or the Aus version?

Can't wait to get this as it's one of my favourite horror movies of all time :)

Here's the hmv pre-order link. It is available cheaper elsewhere.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=251443

hoping it has all the extras of the US disc with the proper colour timing of the AUS disc. I have the US disc which is excellent but the colours are way off the UK DVD, which Im pretty sure contains the correct look of the film.

Only took it to be released everywhere else first, haha!

Sticking with the Australian release, myself.

hoping it has all the extras of the US disc with the proper colour timing of the AUS disc. I have the US disc which is excellent but the colours are way off the UK DVD, which Im pretty sure contains the correct look of the film.

2 Years since I saw the UK DVD so I didn't notice anything strange (too wrapped up in the movie) about the colour difference.

I guess we'll have an updated thread over at AVS once the UK edition comes out.:D

Watched this last night (posted in the HD viewing thread) and loved it. Fantastic movie. Definately a keeper.

I may eventually replace this with the ultimate BR (whichever one it turns out to be) in time bt there's no rush, on my tiny 37" plasma, even my MPEG2 copy was pretty superb and will suffice for now.

2 Years since I saw the UK DVD so I didn't notice anything strange (too wrapped up in the movie) about the colour difference.

I guess we'll have an updated thread over at AVS once the UK edition comes out.:D

Watched this last night (posted in the HD viewing thread) and loved it. Fantastic movie. Definately a keeper.

I may eventually replace this with the ultimate BR (whichever one it turns out to be) in time bt there's no rush, on my tiny 37" plasma, even my MPEG2 copy was pretty superb and will suffice for now.

one of the guys on avs owns all the copies available on blu, so im sure he will be getting the uk one :D will probably do the same as you and stick to the release I have ( or until the uk price drop ) as to be honest when the film gets going all problems AV wise are forgotten as its such a bad ass flick.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom