The Descent 2nd time around.

playthefilm

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Nope, still uncomfortable viewing 2nd time around.

I first saw this on a very poor copy and switched it off half way through. Then, guided by recomendations from this very forum, got it from ScreenSelect. Watching it "properly" prompted me to order the 2 disc edition.

Awesome, atmospheric, scary film.

partyweb said:
:smashin: Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered it today.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT :eek: :eek: :eek: For the first time ever PartyWeb has actually purchased, thats right, purchased (with money) a DVD!!!

:rotfl:

It is a fairly good film. Not the best ever, but certainly one of (if not the) most enjoyable film I saw last year.

dave1de said:
I CANNOT BELIEVE IT :eek: :eek: :eek: For the first time ever PartyWeb has actually purchased, thats right, purchased (with money) a DVD!!!

:rotfl: ...

:rotfl: Needed something to bump up my hmv order so I could get £3 off.

(Also had much arm twisting by many here about how good it is and seeing as I also bought The Cave, I thought I might as well watch the better of the two too)

BTW I've currently got 568 dvd's (And not all of them came free with a newspaper.:D ) Ok, for most I used links & vouchers and things rather than money. But for others, I just got them damn cheap (Thanx to all you guys.:smashin: )

Watching the special edition here as I type. Only have it on the plasma, not sure I could cope on the projector, with all the light's off :rolleyes:

I rented it with my screenselect trial, it was okay I suppose, nothing special. Ending was refreshing though.

Yeah, finished it off, not as scary as I thought it would be. But I can see how it could be scary, watching on the projector, turning off the lights, turning up the sound. Maybe I won't be doing that ;)

What a waste is all I can say. SPOILER
A sexy asian chick who can do stuff like that with her legs being eaten by a load of blind cannibals.
:(

BazMan said:
I first saw this on a very poor copy and switched it off half way through. Then, guided by recomendations from this very forum, got it from ScreenSelect. Watching it "properly" prompted me to order the 2 disc edition.

This beautifully sums up my view of copied films, they ruin the movie experience regardless of how good the actual film is.

Not wishing to take this off topic, I've seen this film at the cinema and on DVD, enjoyed it both times even though I knew the jumpy parts, it still got me!

By comparison, I've just had the misfortune of watching The Cave. Started out quite promising, then got all silly and crap towards the end :thumbsdow

Pretty good surround, but "Descent" it ain't.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom