The Deer Hunter: 40th Anniversary Edition 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Standard Edition: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 20/08/2018 (Standard Edition: 04/03/2019)

Limited Edition:
tdh_4k-jpg.1028343

Standard Edition:
TDH_4K (standard).jpg

Attachments

• TDH_4K.jpg
    TDH_4K.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 2,440
  • TDH_CE_4K.jpg
    TDH_CE_4K.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the heads up, looks like another purchase in august. :)

I can finally retire the HD DVD, the new coverart is ****ing dreadful though.

I'm definitely buying this but they'll need to get that £39.99 price down as it's just taking the ****.

That could be the start of a very nasty habit by the highly indebted StudioCanal.

Never understood the praise for this film, tried to watch it twice and have never finished it, found it utterly dreadful and boring on both occasions.

Never understood the praise for this film, tried to watch it twice and have never finished it, found it utterly dreadful and boring on both occasions.

The long wedding scene can be difficult to get through if you aren't in the right mood.

That wedding scene is longer than any wedding I've ever been to.

The few times i've seen this i always forget just how dam long that wedding scene goes on for. The Vietnam stuff is great though.

Not sure if i'll day one this or not, think i've only ever watched the BD once in its entirety.

A masterpiece for me.

I remember seeing it when I was in my early teens and struggling with it but knowing it was special. Just like Apocalypse Now (also about loss of course).

For me it was a story about how things just don't work out for most people and the loss of their dreams (and the American Dream specifically).

Vietnam had nothing to do with the film, it was about a simple thing: people who hunt deer. The Deer Hunter.

for me this is a complete work of art, on life, love , friendship,work,war,oh and hunting,and how different people cope with all this,it upsets me everytime i watch it,silly me,there are so many fine performances,not forgetting the wonderful John Cazale,long gone now,such an underated actor and apparently a real nice guy too
day one purchase for me

Christopher Walken is unforgettable in this. Time to spin King of New York tonight...

Hope there's an impovement in the audio. The DVD version Ilast saw was awful. Never saw it o BD for some reason as like others have said it's a very slow start and wedding scene. Love the Vietnam and classic Russian roulette scenes though. As i've skpped the BD I'll probably get this on 4K.

Released tomorrow monday, anyone buying, i won't be due to the comments and reviews.

I'll pick it up once the price drops.

How are the discs packaged in this set? Is there a regular UHD disc case in the box housing them?

Load of photos on HDN here (click on the spoiler).

Quite a lot of design work in that I hope the picture quality is brilliant.

Looking forward to watching this on Friday :thumbsup:
Impressive hike in detail and well resolved grain, but there seems to be some odd pink/cyan fringing/chroma problems going on in some of them shots, noticable in white areas.

Look at the bride's dress here : The Deer Hunter • UK 40th Anniversary Edition Ultra HD Blu-ray vs. UK Blu-ray

Some weird cyan on the shirts here : The Deer Hunter • UK 40th Anniversary Edition Ultra HD Blu-ray vs. UK Blu-ray

Nurses uniform here (particularly the arm just above the clipboard) : The Deer Hunter • UK 40th Anniversary Edition Ultra HD Blu-ray vs. UK Blu-ray

I don't think it's enough to put me off but is disappointing if the caps are representative, @Geoff_D what do you make of these?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom