1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dead Zone

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Razor, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
  2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    One of the best fantasy/supernatural dramas on telly.
    Just finished watching the season3 boxset and the first three epsiodes of season 4 but it's another show that hasn't really had good treatment on UK telly:(

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Its not big at all over here. Apperently its one of the fastest growing shows in the US. They keep doubling their viewers with every season. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Johnny Smith is our man. I felt really sorry for Walt. Nice bloke bad situation.

:D

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Is starburst and I the only members who have seen this series :confused:

5. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +896
    No your not the only ones, ive got the first series on Region 1 dvd and thought it was very good - but i couldnt be bothered watching it on Channel 5 as they have cut it to pieces and keep missing episodes out - ive still got to get around to buying series 2 & 3 (but ive got about 6 TV series box sets still to watch first).

I didnt realise for the longest time the star of the show - Anthony Michael Hall - was the "nerd" from the Breakfast Club. Classic John Hughes movie.

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Battle :hiya:

:clap: :clap: Glad someone else has seen this brilliant show. The show gets better with each series so you are in for a treat. Play have the other series very cheap so it's definately worth grabbing. I dont know why but The dead zone reminds me a bit of The x-files. I dont know what it is. :confused:

I never bothered watching it on Channel 4 but I do believe it is on one of the cable/satalite channels as well.

I didnt know that Mr Johnny Smith was in Breakfast Club. Did you know he was in Weird Science. :smashin:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090305/

7. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +896
    Another classic John hughes film - Ahhh brings back many childhood memories - Kelly LeBrock is HOT :devil:

Yeah I saw seasons 2 & 3 on play (17.99 so its under the customs limit- its even cheaper on dvdsoon if your willing to wait 3 months for it to arrive). I will get around to buying them eventually - ive just still got sooooooo much to watch, and theres loads of other stuff i want as well. Ive got to prioritize !!!

8. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Kelly gets my vote there. The ideal girl in her time. Loved those small shorts :eek: Lucky lads making a girl out of a pc, scanner and a few pictures. :clap: :clap: :clap: If only it were true.

Glad to hear your intending on watching the rest of the series, its well worth it. Just dont leave it to long :smashin: The series just gets better and better. :thumbsup:

9. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I saw the original movie from 1983 with Christopher Walken. The series has done well in copying the movie. Sarah Banerman has been cloned well, even down to her haircut and the way she speaks (out of the side of her mouth) new sarh is played by Nicole de Boer.

Johnny Smith is played by Christopher Walken and as usual is has great on screen presence. The new Johnny has the same hairstyle (first series) as Christopher walken.

Overall I couldnt beleive how close the series is to the movie given that there is 20 years between them.

Greg Stillson is instantly reconisable in the movie and the new version has been well picked.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281432/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085407/

:D

10. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Did anyone see this weeks Dead Zone? Walts a trusting bloke letting his missus go away with her ex. :eek:

11. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +453
    This is on Sci-Fi channel everday at 1800, Sky+ and series link, great, missed it first time round but it looks promising.

12. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

I think Sara and Johnny got everything out of their systems a whole ago, the whole season 3 relationship arc and it's conculsion cleared the air so to speak and Walt finally accepted the situation as it was and what it became:)

One of the best epsidoes on Five tonight, if I didn't have it on DVD I would be watching it:)

13. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Excellent:)

You should enjoy it, a well written and acted drama with just enough of a supernatural/spooky element to make it fun.

14. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Starburst :hiya:

True, but Walt is still very understanding. I couldnt do what he does. :nono:

I think she admited sleeping with him or at least messing about. :oops: I think that's right anyway. :confused:

15. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Gregg Stilson should be shot. This weeks show was good. Armagedon was reversed but then it came back. :eek: Johnny Smith shouldnt of helped out Gregg.

Greggs new girls friend was the same girl that was a terrorist in 24 session 3, the one who shot her boy friend (Arab).

16. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Saw the original dead zone movie, a long time ago mind, thought it was ok,
    Channel 5 have been showing the series late night, but have not really had time to actually sit down and watch it :)

17. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Dave :hiya:

The movie is ok but not a patch on the series. The Dead Zone is on its 4 session now and is a very good show.

You can get the series on region 1 quiet cheap.

play.com

You should definately grab a copy. :smashin:

18. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I would recommend the show to anyone even those not totally into US genre TV. The first season hits the mark all the way through and makes it look easy thus making you wonder why so many other shows fall at the first hurdle:)

Wasn't keen on the new theme for season 4 but kinda like it now:)

19. krish

krish
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,226
    I've all of the boxsets and have enjoyed the show immensely, but on a few trips to the US in recent months have caught a few episodes of season 4 (and the 4400 season 2) on USA, and was quite bored - don't know if it was the zillion ad breaks that put me off, but the show did not seem anywhere near as good as it was before.

Has season 4 seen a dip in quality or am I wrong and should wait for the boxset (which I'll definitely purchase)?

20. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I agree, this season has been the weakest of the four although the arc episodes have been decent but only a couple of the standalones have been truly outstanding namely Double Vision and Babble On.

The season is being cut in off so we won't know about the rest until later in the year perhaps even the new year:(

21. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

When is this happening and why??? :(

Sesson 4 is different than the other 3, Gregg Stillson has become a major story line as has Johnny's obsession with him.

22. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I meant "cut in half" :)

The USA network are well known for their unusual schedule, MONK only had 8 epsiodes in this run however it isn't that different from how SciFi treat SG1, Atlantis and BSG although the gap betweent their two halves of the season isn't as long.

Well so far I have been disapointed how little the main arc has been visited, perhaps the second half of the season will focus more on that theme.

Not seen episode 11 yet:)