The Dead - John Huston

Richard Moore

Standard Member
Anyone know if this film "The Dead" - John Huston's last film is available on DVD anywhere. I've tried amazon and play and even looked via IMDB which only reports the VHS copy.

Much appreciated as I think it's a wonderful film. Not a bad Xmas film in its own way.

the_pauley

Banned
Would dearly love to get a hold of this if anyone finds a release anywhere. Beautiful movie.

Warning: No hobbits, wizards, undead pirates, cute droids or blokes in long black coats. And it won't give your system a "workout".

Just full of that great acting and directing and scripting and cinematography nonsense...

Richard Moore

Standard Member
Indeed. Last saw it on VHS probably about 10yrs ago. Any film with fantastic writing (James Joyce) like

"Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age."

can do without goblins.

I so want to see it again....

expat

Apparently not out yet on DVD, but I assume it will be eventually (the last film by John Huston -- what are they waiting for?).

For those who don't know it, here's a useful link for DVD reviews worldwide:

http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom