"The Day After Tomorrow" ?

I

Iam

Bit of a mouthful is n't it - why not just call it "Thursday" instead?

Seriously(er), does the advertising poster & title remind anyone else of such dubious classics as "The Land Time Forgot"?

What's the view of this, is it going to Good ?

Iam.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
I've always found Roland Emmerich to churn out entertaining popcorn no-brainers (even Godzilla becomes almost watchable over time) so I'm not afraid to see this. Trailers and the like look good.

And what's that "dubious classics" meant to mean? Doug McClure was a symbol of a film's undoubtable quality when I was a kid:p

Lex

Novice Member
Originally posted by Iam

What's the view of this, is it going to Good ?

It's directed by Roland Emmerich... nuff said really! :thumbsdow

Actually it looks to me like a total remake of ID4 minus the aliens... Scientist uncovers impending doom, nobody believes him, NYC is dramatically destroyed, the world ends, a few survive blah blah blah - it is even marketed in the same way :rolleyes:

Garrett

Garrett

I just looked at the trailer here and some of the scenes look like when the aliens attack the cities i.e. flying cars, but people know what they are getting with a Roland Emmerich film, 2hours of escapism.
I see the nice Sela Ward and Tamlyn Tomita are in it.:cool:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Looks amazing, incredible sets.. They should of made films for japanese market, I assume 2d is big over there. Glad 2d is still strong, and disney closed its 2d studio?

Though, I would still love to a big cgi film made in style of shell 2, personally i really liked the cgi film that flopped, forgot its name for now!.

rai

CrispyXUK

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Hi,

appleseed CGI ?.

rai

CrispyXUK

I thinks it is just called appleseed

Looks pretty good

Miyazaki

Novice Member
There are redoing the series in CGI or a new film?

I don't speak Japanese, so can you provide a proper link mate?

Cheers.

Setenza

Novice Member
Doug McClure had rubber dinosaurs, Dennis Quaid gets CGI disaster and mayhem. But the former also had fiendish Germans and Susan Penhaligon. No competion then :clap: