The DaveP Memorial Charity Auction Forum

RBZ5416

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
It seems that we have a significant membership that doesn't stray too far from General Chat & so may have missed the news of the sudden death of member DaveP. In Dave's memory we have set up an auction forum to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, as nominated by Dave's widow, Cherryl. Please take a few minutes to visit the forum (link now dead).

Some items currently on offer:

Amstrad E-mailer
Davis DL450 Projector
Sennheiser CX300 Headphones

All payments go directly to the BHF in the form of a Gift of Hope Fund, again in Dave's memory. You can view the fund total & make a donation here. By paying direct to the BHF it's possible to Gift Aid the donation which boosts the donation by 28% courtesy of Gordon Brown.

Total raised to date (23/07/06) - £502.56

Now here's a thought - current forum membership stands at 119,985 registrations. If each of us can find just £1 to donate, with Gift Aid the fund would stand at over £150k!

As Heather Small says "What have YOU done today to make you feel proud?"

Last edited:
Thanks Crocodile, the quid per member idea is fantastic. I've just donated a tenner direct via your link.

£10 on its way:)

crocodile said:
No sign of it yet.

i used my debit card
just had a look at confirmation email and it says 'futurepayment 24/07/06' so will clear tomorrow, set up for £10 per year after that

£10 plus gift aid from me.

Missed out on Angelina Jolie signed piccy - not happy!:mad: (my fault)

signs said:
i used my debit card
just had a look at confirmation email and it says 'futurepayment 24/07/06' so will clear tomorrow, set up for £10 per year after that
As we suspected, this was down to a glitch in the BHF system. You donation is now registered on the DaveP Gift Of Hope page.

Thanks for both the donation & the time spent resolving the problem. :smashin:

Thanks to BC who has chosen to remain anonymous. :smashin:

Thanks to DJ who has chosen to remain anonymous. :smashin:

:clap: £977.05:clap:

Some of the items currently available:

Jessops Gift Voucher
Splinter Cell
Denon Cassette Deck
Orange SIMS
Flatbed Scanner
Screen Select DVD Rental (x2)
Champioship Manager (PC)
And last but by NO means least - An Inflatable "Companion"!

how about a blind auction on the forum where the lowest unique bid wins? So if someone bids £2 they pay £2 and that registers their bid. There is a site called auctionare (sp) and when you added up all the bids for a mini cooper it came to £48,000.

Current total is:

£1,006.53
:arty:

The curent total of the fund is:

£1,050.17

However, we have a problem. All donations received to date are pretty much sold out. With nothng to sell, we can't raise any more money. :(

Please have a think about things you may have lying around that are no longer required that you would be prepared to donate to the cause. DVDs you will never watch, games you will never play, PC parts that have been upgraded. etc, etc. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom