The Dark Light Rises - Jenz Cinema

I didn't really like the look of the wallpaper initially but now you've put the desk and cabinet back it just works. It has a 1950's newsroom feel.

Panorama, getting there.

Attachments

• image-3244042454.jpg
    image-3244042454.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,115
Looking really good there Jenz :thumbsup:

Lol thanks.

Am having trouble getting proper photos of the room. The Panorama makes it look very small which it isn't and I want to be able to show the screen down! Any suggestions of settings on my Canon 50D?

And now it's time to start moving all the kit into a new dedicated room. My 4th Cinema Room actually.

I've upgraded to an Oppo 103D from Ricky @ Kalibrate.

I have to decorate and setup the new room first. Will aim to get pictures shortly.

I've decided to switch from my Draper Blackline Tab Tensioned React 2 Motorised Screen to a smaller Grandview Fixed Frame Screen. Will be selling my old screen shortly.

The Room is going to be done in several stages.

Stage 0 - Decorating
Deep Charcoal Grey thick underlay carpet
Marston & Langinger Dark Charcoal Matt Chalk Paint - "Best Paint In The World" across all walls, doors, and ceiling

Stage 1 - Existing Kit Review fixing flaws in current setup
Fit Fixed Frame Screen with existing Speakers, Amp, Sub, Projector and 103D.
Add Ikea Poang Chairs and Footstools (because they are so comfy for the price)

Test my current Audio Setup and get some feel as to how it sounds in this new room

Stage 2 - Maximising Contrast and Audio
Add Acoustic Panelling to the area behind the screen, 4ft out on either side of screen, and 4 ft out from Ceiling
Cover Acoustic Panelling with Devore

Retest Audio with acoustic panelling

Stage 3 - Upgrading Audio
Add additional acoustic panelling to back of room if needed
Change Subwoofer from Kef Cube 2 to something else to be determined (XTC Cinema 1x12, Paradigm Seismic, JL Dominion etc)

Stage 4 - 7.1
Change all 3 fronts from Kef to something else to be determined (XTC Cinema, Paradigm etc)
Move 2 x Kef Eggs to rear for 7.1

Stage 5 - Upgraded Speakers
Change all rears to matching fronts
Add second matching Sub

It's nice to have a list. I have many. Never seem to cross much off though!

Before Pictures of the room as is.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpeg
    IMG_0739.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_0741.jpeg
    IMG_0741.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_0742.jpeg
    IMG_0742.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0743.jpeg
    IMG_0743.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 555
Started clearing the room and have 50m of Van Damme Blue, Oppo 103D and 7ft Grandview Fixed Frame arriving Wednesday.

Room cleared, floor removed, ready to paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 557
I dismantled my old room today having served me well for three years. I couldn't get any of the wiring out of the walls though and wondered if this was common?

Perhaps I foolishly thought they would just pull out but I suspect that the runs are to long.

I've also fallen foul to my Peerless-AV projector mount having "security Allen key" star like screws and no tool to undo them yet....
ImageUploadedByAVForums1428171337.941966.jpg

Painting finished. Am pleased how dark it is once in there. You can't see your hand in front your face at night and SWMBO say's it's darker than the Devil's Armpit!

Am about to buy my Acoustic Panels for behind the screen wall and the left and right wall. Am thinking of these two:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Advanced-...e&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=380895196399&rt=nc

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Advanced-...633?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5405bc49e9

Any thoughts of one over the other? They'll be covered in Devore so colour is not important nor is fire retardant properties. Not sure which is best :(

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 573
  • IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 578
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Bought the first set of Class "0" from Advanced Acoustics today.

Advanced Acoustics panels arrived today, very fast service. Will post pictures once they are up. Have also ordered 13M of "Devore" :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom