The Dark Light Rises - Jenz Cinema

Here is the Plasma cabling using Baluns for HDMI due to the run length plus power from a fused spur.

image-579874308.jpg

Here is the lower left power sockets with fused spur and subwoofer outlet. My sub will be located front of viewing area slightly to the left of the screen. It's side firing so a good spot for it. We are also putting in an outlet near the rear of the room so I have some options to position it.

image-2937259973.jpg

Finally a boring shot of the rear cabling. A steel joist across the centre of the room has proven to be a challenge so Chris went behind the coving for part of the run (not shown).

image-1830533157.jpg

The front main wall is now nearly finished. Power and trigger for Projector screen plus centre speaker wiring is also complete.

That is interesting , I wonder if any of the custom installers on hear are using these.

I am not aware of anyone using these yet as they are not widely available until next week. I am confident that it will be well received even if people debate the "it's adding stuff that's not mean't to be there" question.

Given also that it's a £250 product I think many installers will suggest it as icing on the cake of an install.

image-3121260640.jpg

Brush plates and power sockets going back in.

image-2210367411.jpg

Draper Blackline ReactII remounted now all speaker cabling complete.

image-3071933861.jpg

Fused spurs complete. Open box is subwoofer connection.

image-1265058171.jpg

Projector HDMI, power, cat5 and trigger ready.

image-1411212190.jpg

Final Van Damme rear speaker wire, sky rewire and second sub wire ready. Note coving holes these were needed to get past the steel joist :(

image-2487294166.jpg

Preparing new sockets and spur for av rack in the room corner.

image-1034054437.jpg

Peerless Projector Mount up and aligned. This is a great mount with minimal shift.

image-4016375850.jpg

The Dot'n'Dab walls proved a challenge getting everything from ceiling to floor for the AV Rack.

image-4202639822.jpg

Final AV Rack wiring. Everything comes to this point.

image-3503799652.jpg

Projector up and working.

image-319661942.jpg

All AV cabling in place and tested.

image-3351489610.jpg

All speakers up and tested but not calibrated.

image-2096660359.jpg

Seating in place ;)

image-1220846836.jpg
Avatar 3D with my Bro in the foreground. Non-calibrated taken on iPhone.

image-4178370668.jpg
Myself and Avatar 3D.

image-3319661838.jpg
The scene from The Dark Knight on my setup that made me choose the Epson 9000 over the X30 personally.

Attachments

• image-826218180.jpg
    image-826218180.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 925
Thankyou, and my Darblet has shipped so will be here next week :)

Coming together very nicely indeed mate, really impressed! :thumbsup:

Chris Wood should be completing the room today. The remain trigger wiring between PJ and Screen, remounting the plasma, making good on the ceiling holes and finishing the rack.

I had taken the opportunity to run the Yamaha RX771's YPAO audio setup and as a result the Amp now provides a really wonderful soundstage in the room. Despite having the front speakers in the "V" formation due to the screen drop I am getting really good spatial imaging. I will rerun the setup multipoint once the room is completely finished and all furniture is back in.

I have been looking at the settings of the Oppo and the Epson 9000. At present I am running the Oppo in RGB Video Level, Sharpness +1 Source Direct. For the Epson I am running Natural with HDTV Gamut, 6500K, Gamma 2.2, No FI, No SuperRes, No Epson Super White, No Sharpness, Skin Tone 3. I'll get a full "proper" calibration once I have the hours on the lamp. Anything there look awry or bad practice?

Next up is room decoration. Interestingly SWMBO has decided that we are going to paint 12-15inches of the top of each wall AND THE CEILING in Farrow and Ball "Railings" paint:
Farrow & Ball - Railings
additionally all skirtings and back of doors will be this colour.

With the remaining wall surface to be Farrow and Ball Rectory Red:
Farrow & Ball - Rectory Red
to create a warm cosy room, yet with plenty of light during the day (from the patio doors).

One wall will also be wallpapered in Andrew Martin "Library" Wallpaper (behind the desk) to maintain a nice feel to the room and to go along with the industrial look furniture.
Inventor Collection, Wallpaper, Andrew Martin Wallpapers, Andrew Martin Wallpaper, Andrew Martin, Andrew Martin Furnishing, Andrew Martin Furniture, Andrew Martin Design, Andrew Martin Interior Design, Modern Furniture, Asian Furniture, Fabric Suppli

Good thread :) Is Chris installing a control system for you e.g. RTI?

Last edited:

Looks good.

Which bracket is that? What is the distance of the screen from the wall at it's closest position?

I am looking for a slimline cantilever bracket for a 52 inch LED TV but am struggling to decide on one.

I'm looking forward to more updates. :)

Which bracket is that? What is the distance of the screen from the wall at it's closest position?
It's an Omnimount Cantilever Large LPHDL-C at:
OmniMount Pro

Distance from Screen to wall about 3.75inches.

New images of final set up and vintage av rack.

Seating is changing in due course, decoration inc removal of wallpaper starts Aug 20th and Darblet is being installed tomorrow.

Was hoping to use my Oppo as a replacement for my WDTV Live but I keep getting lip sync issues where the WD has none so more testing to be done.

Attachments

• image-3729282908.jpg
    image-3729282908.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 964
  • image-149460516.jpg
    image-149460516.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 917
  • image-2950862850.jpg
    image-2950862850.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 868
  • image-3696496615.jpg
    image-3696496615.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 882
  • image-1491447230.jpg
    image-1491447230.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 858
I have been playing with the Darblet unit and I have tried it on a large variety of sources. I find it extremely pleasing. I'm not going to argue whether it's right or wrong, I am just going to say that it's sitting in my Rack and not coming out until I have 4K.

The differences are often described as subtle however I would describe it much more than that. The image appears sharper, cleaner, and I say it's like a misty window wiped clean. My Kids and partner were amazed at the difference. I see the same impact on my Panny Z1.

I use 60% HiDef on all sources. I could not see any artefacts at this level, and will over the coming days play with it more to see at what level (if any) problems arise.

I'd whole heartedly recommend this box as long as you already have a properly calibrated system.

Darbee now in the chain.
image-1744271682.jpg

All AV Rack installed (inc NAS)
image-2381899186.jpg

Dexter the Dog not that impressed with 3D.
image-204456362.jpg

No joy with getting the Z1 Baluns issue resolved so still outstanding.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom