The Dark Knight Rises Ultra HD Blu-ray Review & Comments

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Cas, not to keep moaning mate but Inception was partially shot on 65mm as well as 35mm, they decided against using 15-perf IMAX but instead chose 5-perf 65mm (as was used on Dunkirk's dialogue scenes) for certain exterior shots.

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Thanks for these reviews Cas, I am sure it was torture watching one of these each night ;)

Hopefully get time to watch them myself soon, Too much awesome tv to get through first though!

jakimp

Distinguished Member
just watched it Cas - just absolutely stunning - now this is what 4K is all about !

I really rate this film as a fitting sequel to the dark knight and that was some achievement in itself

the picture quality was amazing - I found myself frequently pausing the picture to be sure my eyes were not deceiving me and the picture really was that good

sound still epic and did benefit from my receiver doing it's neural X thing

just demo / reference quality

I quite liked it...

svenskaby

With all these Nolan films being released does anyone know if/when we will be getting the 4K UHD Nolan collection here in th Uk.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Bane, Joker and Ra's al Ghul are such terrifying villains. You can feel the fear and menace they want to bring into society and the chaos they'll the cause.

Nolan has crafted memorable characters and scenes in this trilogy that will stay for us in years to come. I've seen each film in this trilogy many times, they are all a 5/5 imo and I rarely dish out 5's for films.

Batdog

Do these new 4K scans mean we’ll be getting remastered Blu Rays?

I’ve tried searching and can’t find anything concrete on this? I’d be very interested in remastered versions of the first 2 films in this trilogy.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Do these new 4K scans mean we’ll be getting remastered Blu Rays?

I’ve tried searching and can’t find anything concrete on this? I’d be very interested in remastered versions of the first 2 films in this trilogy.

Will check and report tonight or tomorrow.

Mike1975

Banned
Is there any producer/director/maker who is about willing to give credit to BANE and give him the movie/appearance he actually deserves?

While the Schumacher-BANE was an awful brainless zombie-like version of the original comic BANE, the Nolan-BANE was as well full of crap but unlike the Schumacher-BANE, who at least had an "impressive" physical appearance, the Nolan-BANE was more anorexic compared to the comic original....and well...

...why this stupid BREATHING-MASK for his stupid BREATHING-PROBLEMS when he is supposed to be a venom-addict rather than having problems to breathe!?

Makes me wonder, why even making a comic-adaption if you don´t have the guts to at least give credit to the originals at least in some way? As far as i remember, Harvey "Two-Face" Dent was pretty close to his comic-original and so was "The Joker" but what Nolan has done with BANE was a real PAIN!

I will never forgive Nolan what he has done to BANE and how he realized his version/vision of the venom-addicted Mercenary with actual brains, even that i luv to see Tom Hardy, but the Nolan-BANE was an absolute catastrophe and almost destroyed the movie for me.

Mr Lime

Distinguished Member
Uhhh maybe you're taking this Batman thing too far. Thought about that?
Don't engage him Jim. He's already had his knuckles rapped by the mods today and and caused them to tidy up two threads today because of his somewhat "special" posting style.

Still, must be nice though, living under a bridge in this lovely warm weather. ;)

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Don't engage him Jim. He's already had his knuckles rapped by the mods today and and caused them to tidy up two threads today because of his somewhat "special" posting style.

Still, must be nice though, living under a bridge in this lovely warm weather. ;)
Banned now anyway. Good riddance!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom