The Dark Knight Rises (Blu-ray Steelbook)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchase links: Amazon - Base.com - Sainsbury's - Zavvi

Release date: 24/06/2013

81jonve0lxl-_aa1500_-jpg.388889

Attachments

• 81zEbmGeYtL._AA1500_.jpg
    81zEbmGeYtL._AA1500_.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 81JonVe0lXL._AA1500_.jpg
    81JonVe0lXL._AA1500_.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I'm happy with the gorgeous and cheaper one from HMV.

What a joke! Warner are the worst studio when it comes to Steelbooks. Unlimited print runs, constant re-releases and a lack of effort when it comes to artwork. Is it wrong to hope this doesn't come with inside artwork? People can't say that it is selfish or I'm in it for the money with this one, it's still available in stores!

snooloui said:
What a joke! Warner are the worst studio when it comes to Steelbooks. Unlimited print runs, constant re-releases and a lack of effort when it comes to artwork. Is it wrong to hope this doesn't come with inside artwork? People can't say that it is selfish or I'm in it for the money with this one, it's still available in stores!

Begins & Dark Knight look like the Japanese steels to me - this is identical to the HMV release though isn't it?

snooloui said:

It's a complete joke- I'm seriously loosing interest in steelbooks, more exclusive to collect amarys these days!

Hang on, Wreck says that this is just remaining stock not a new print run.

Hang on, Wreck says that this is just remaining stock not a new print run.

Can't be that many left? But then again those premium ones seem to be an endless supply apart from Heat which Im still baffled by.

I agree.
Puts me off buying them now.
They are taking the mick.

Artwork up at Amazon, priced at £12.59:

Attachments

• 81JonVe0lXL._AA1500_.jpg
    81JonVe0lXL._AA1500_.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,111
Yes looks like I may have jumped the gun on availability. You can pre-order the other four for £12.59 each though :)

Not keen on the artwork for this - the HMV one is much more in keeping with the film - and the new steels.

aww bats and bane about to kiss :p

Looks like the same artwork as one of the digibooks, at least they changed the art... even if it looks a bit meh

they should have used this art

banebatmanstandofftheda.jpg

textless version of course, with bane on the right of the steelbook and batman on the left, Dark Knight Rises on the top of the bane scene and The Legend Ends on the bottom of the batman scene. It would look epic when the steelbook is open and laid flat.

Last edited:
Love this art work!!

I like the broken cowl one as well (although a glossy finish would of been better) but very happy that a new version is coming out as well :thumbsup:

I have the HMV TDKR but I've pre-ordered this too (it's up for pre-order now btw) and was wondering has anybody else done the same?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom