The Dark Knight Manual

marcaaron22

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought it yet?, I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk on Sunday night, hope I get a knock at the door in the morning with it..

I ordered it yesterday. I found it hard to resist not picking up the art & making of TDK, and the history of the batmobile too. They're for another day maybe.

I've just gone book crazy and ordered;

The Art & Making Of Dark Knight Trilogy
Batmobile Complete History
The Dark Knight Manual
The Art Of The Avengers

Best part of £100 there

You wont be dissapointed :D

I received the other day:

Art of Dark Knight Trilogy
Batmobile Complete History
Dark Knight Manual

Excellent books for the collection

- you'll love the Art of Avengers is great, have you got the others Thor, Capt America, Iron Man ? There great books

Received it yesterday morning, well impressed, took pics of the first few pages...

image-1538969258.jpg

image-821393206.jpg

image-35134599.jpg

image-3165417067.jpg

image-1893059242.jpg

image-3244914322.jpg

image-1321883971.jpg

image-1414441084.jpg

image-897031437.jpg

image-1344020897.jpg

Looks nice :)

There was a rumour the was suppose to be a bonus disc with it, but I can't find it - it contains hi res pics of some of the items included

But on the other hand I got a email last week saying an Irish paper was going away a promo disc of the book and a promo booklet for the batmobile book, or if you could purchase it online for free but £1.99 postage for each item- that's what I did. :D

http://www.darkknightpromo.com/

It came in about 2 days:D

Ordered along with The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy, from Amazon.

Last edited:
I cancelled my order for the Batmobile book as I just could spend that amount on 4 books, glad I kept the other 2 though especially after seeing the film again last night

Mine arrived courtesy of those Yodel knobs, so needless to say, I'm looking replacements, given the state they arrived.

I picked up the Batmobile book, from a local used bookstore for a tenner and to be honest, that's all it's worth, IMO. If I'd paid full whack for that, I'd be gutted. The manual, however, is pure awesome-sauce.

Hi folks.

Just a quick question. Like rebel_scum I had to return the first copy due to damage. However I received the replacement today but I cant work out if that one is right. Even though it was cellophane wrapped (as was the first one) the back of the book seems scuffed and the edges seem distressed (although I think that's how the edges should be).

Anyone noticed the same?

The back of mine has a "scuffed" look and seem to be part of the look of the book but the edges of mine are not distressed at all.hope this helps mate

Yes, mine is the same. There is no actual wear or damage to either, but I'd describe it as a lighter colour at certain points round the edges to give a worn / distressed look.

Don't think there's anything to worry about there Stevie. Did you buy the batman files?now that was a royal mess up.they coated the pages in a black substance which meant that all 400 pages had to be separated carefully without ripping a page. It was later withdrawn due to this problem and I'm not sure it's been reissued since.

Ordered this the other day looking forward to it coming looks great.

Don't think there's anything to worry about there Stevie. Did you buy the batman files?now that was a royal mess up.they coated the pages in a black substance which meant that all 400 pages had to be separated carefully without ripping a page. It was later withdrawn due to this problem and I'm not sure it's been reissued since.

Thanks for that. Didn't see that one, when was that one released?

I know I paid well below rrp from Amazon but even so you want to be sure you are not getting damaged goods. Since they changed their delivery service I have had to return loads of stuff.

The first one I received was a right mess!

The batman files came out last november and I was working for FP at the time of the recall. Noticed amazon has them so could be the reissue-great book when you separate the pages! It's along similar lines to the dark knight manual,but focuses on the comic stuff.

Got the manual yesterday and love it so detailed and a nice layout inside.

I'm ashamed to say when these books turned up they were far too nice to actually read so they went straight into the display and that's it :eek:

P1020187.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom