The Dark Below DLC - Full contents disclosed

Spoilers, If you're bothered!

Sounds about what I expect.
I hope there are some other surprises, like more detail on the story though as it does really seem the basics we all knew we would get.

One thing I would prefer would be to see the level cap raised instead of, or as well as, the light CAP. Light cap just means chasing loot . If the increase the level cap as well we will have some reason to do all the other stuff rather than to just get some XP to upgrade armour and weps.

We have another subclass slot ...I assume that will be for DLC at some point in time?

Although it is what I expected I was hopeful more unexpected stuff would have been announced.

Last edited:
Just made a separate thread lol

Doesn't seem a huge amount of content for £20 to be honest.

And why is it $19.99 in the US and £19.99 here? That makes no sense!!

I hope some of the new armour does things other than just raise your light level. Give me a reason to have more than one of each set of kit depending on how I feel like playing.

I hope some of the new armour does things other than just raise your light level. Give me a reason to have more than one of each set of kit depending on how I feel like playing.
yes it would be good to get a bonus for wearing a complete set, or something.

Is that going to mean the VOG raid gear will be redundant and will now need to get a whole new set of armour, then level that etc?

That should have changed it so that you have to get to 30 with armour, and once you're there, with the DLC, normal XP will take you beyond.

Is that going to mean the VOG raid gear will be redundant and will now need to get a whole new set of armour, then level that etc?

I don't think so. Looks like they are providing exotic materials that will allow you to further upgrade your existing gear. Not sure how you get them though. See Materials | Destiny Wiki

That should have changed it so that you have to get to 30 with armour, and once you're there, with the DLC, normal XP will take you beyond.
I expect you will need to be level 30 (29 min) to take on the RAID, so you will need VOG armour to basically get the new armour...which will replace your VoG armour.

I agree that maybe it could be done differently and actual level could come into account.

I don't think so. Looks like they are providing exotic materials that will allow you to further upgrade your existing gear. Not sure how you get them though. See Materials | Destiny Wiki
Maybe, but that page is out of date relating to the rarity of items, so I assume those things have been there a while?

So that is 6 weeks of VOG to get 3 items of raid armour for my toon, which at current success rate (zero) is not going to happen!

Though it does say the RAID is not available when DLC launches......which seems a little strange.

Sounds interesting, but £20?

The original game was what, £50? So will there be 40% as much content again? I got to say I doubt it.

Anyway, quite looking forward to it, I find the Moon/hive stuff the most interesting of the in game worlds, though I still couldn't begin to tell you how it all fits into the overall story.

I'd best get cracking on raid armour and weapons then!

Yeah the raid will launch a bit after the DLC so you have a bit more time. I managed to get 2 pieces from 3 raids (so far). Hopefully I'll get gloves this week and get an exotic helm from Xur and be on my way to 30.

Yeah the raid will launch a bit after the DLC so you have a bit more time. I managed to get 2 pieces from 3 raids (so far). Hopefully I'll get gloves this week and get an exotic helm from Xur and be on my way to 30.

I don't want to hear this! :D;)

I need 2 more pieces of Raid gear and got dupe boots two weeks in a row :(
I did however buy the Expansion DLC for £25 yesterday off these forums, which is a decent price.
I reckon it'll work by Exotic Materials adding +2 light to whatever you have, e.g. Exotic Gauntlet\Chest\Boot material etc

Doesn't look like you get much for what they are asking for I would at least expect a Whole new area something to make it feel fresh and new this is almost bordering on being a ripoff but then again it is Activision, I haven't bought the season pass and at the moment i dont intend to buy any of the dlc, if this is all you get for the first one, asking £35 for both is steep but asking £20 for them separately is f'ing vertical

Pay to increase level cap and get 3 new missions, 2 strikes and 1 raid?

Ahh hell, Who am I kidding. I hate money. Sign me up.

I got 3 in 2 raids. :hiya:

My luck appears to have run out though, all I've had since is shards and chatter white.:suicide:
At least you can upgrade your kit with more shards!

Great! I got the pass for £20 using up my GAME points so I'm in it for the long haul :thumbsup:

£35 for the season pass is a bit steep IMO, and only increasing the level cap by 2 seriously!? new DLC confirmed £4.99 per level cap.

This game could end of costing gamers a small fortune,bungies 10 year plan with dlc capped at a 2 level cap per dlc!!!,only 2 new strikes,and one new raid,that is a bit of a rip off,they have a galaxy of planets they could've been working on,instead of 2 new strikes that were probably in the game to start with.
I can't see many people playing this into the new year let alone 10 years.

Too much game competition at year end I think. Lots of people will migrate to something else, bored of the Destiny grind. Needs a lot more content, at least a shake up of the current missions with some randomisation maybe.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom