1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The cynic smells a rat

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Azrikam, May 15, 2002.

1. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received a Sky digital statement, in which I am billed for a Box Office event that I didn't order. That in itself is no great surprise, and considering Sky's reputation, I'm just shocked it hasn't happened sooner.

But, the thing that's got me wondering is the event that I'm being charged for... "WWF Rebellion". Throughout my 8 month Sky subscription, I have only ordered 2 things through Sky Box Office... and both of them have been WWF events.

So, why am I so suspicious? Well, presuming that the Box Office system is computer-based, I would expect an invalid booking to be any of the collection of Box Office garbage that Sky has on at the moment... randomly. But the fact that I'm being mis-charged for an event that I could have conceivably ordered, makes the cynic in me think that someone at Sky is booking events in the hopes that they will go unnoticed. Course, I'm jumping to pretty wild conclusions here, and I could be way off.

It just seems very fishy to me. Anyone else seen anything like this?

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I would tend to go with the incompetence rather than conspiracy theory...

3. mps

mps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I am glad that i am not the only one out here with a similiar incident, it also happened to me as well and when i rang customer services arguments after arguments followed and in the end they took off the charge and installed a password protection on my account, so if for any box office events that i want i would have to ring them.

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps they thought anyone who ordered WWF would be so dim that they wouldn't notice. What an insulting attitude Sky!

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, time to look stupid... but, it's not all my fault!

After contacting Sky (and spending 25 minutes on hold), I was informed that the PPV event in question was ordered in NOVEMBER, 2001!!!!! When I saw 03/11 on the statement, I naturally assumed that it was for the 3rd of March. But, for some reason, Sky has waited 6 months to bill me for the PPV!!!!

Needless to say, I did some quick math, and I did in fact order the PPV back in November. Although I'm still a little dubious about the time they say I ordered it.

Course, I'm still not completely satisfied, so I'll go through my records (that pile of paper on my table) and make sure I haven't been billed for this event twice. So, for the meantime, it looks like I was wrong... but it was still due to Sky's haphazard billing schedule. :)

6. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had the sam happen to me . i was billed 8 month after watching a film on box office. it turned out that it was becouse shortly after i had watched the film i had unplugged the box from the phone line to do somthing . the box was left unplugged for all that time then when i was messing about i pluged the box back in .

i don't supose you have had your box unplugged for any length of time :confused:

7. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope. I often unplug the mains to my Digibox to clear freeze-up issues, but I haven't disconnected the phone line since I've had the box.

8. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well must just be them being d*cks then :D :D

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that's what I thought. :D

The guy I spoke to at Sky said that it should have been billed earlier, but didn't speculate on the reason for the delay.