The Cycling Thread

yeah, the lights I had weren;t the best, these ever ready type haha

1592692874099.png

How often do you guys re lubricate the chain ?

Personally whenever I clean the bike.

That depends on dirty/muddy the bike gets though. I haven’t washed it after today’s ride but normally do so after three rides at the most

Ok fair enough

Is it ok to lubricate even when not cleaning it before hand ?

I aim to clean it thoroughly twice a month and relubricate every week or after being in heavy rain

Ok fair enough

Is it ok to lubricate even when not cleaning it before hand ?

I aim to clean it thoroughly twice a month and relubricate every week or after being in heavy rain

In my opinion it’s better to live up even when dirty than you lot lube at all.

Also, don’t use WD40 as thats a solvent as well (that said if lube got nothing and use it as a temporary measure it isn’t the end of the world).

In my opinion it’s better to live up even when dirty than you lot lube at all.

Also, don’t use WD40 as thats a solvent as well (that said if lube got nothing and use it as a temporary measure it isn’t the end of the world).

Yeah I never use WD40 since learning it’s a degreaser . I have some decent wet and dry lube I use aparrently its suitable for all weather

Yeah I never use WD40 since learning it’s a degreaser . I have some decent wet and dry lube I use aparrently its suitable for all weather
I’m far from an expert

But from why I’ve read, dry conditions go with Dry Lube.

When the usual wet British weather kicks in, wet lube all the way

I’d say with wet lube, you’ll want to apply more often, possibly every ride , as it will be getting washed off by rain and mud

What does that silver plastic disk do ?View attachment 1321836
It’s there to stop the chain going into the spokes in the event of a “chain off”.

Personally I’ve always removed them as they look awful and aren’t needed if you maintain your gears.

That said leaving it on isn’t really an issue

this guy explains it better than me.. :)

this guy explains it better than me.. :)

Not sure why he says “it’s illegal to sell a wheel Without a dork disc).

Whenever I’ve bought wheels they’ve never had them on

Maybe it’s an American thing but I can’t imagine them selling Campag Zonda Clinchers with them on

yeah, I've only ever seen them over here on cheap bikes, but not sure what the craic is over in stateside.. :)

Funnily enough I washed my mtb today and removed the dork disc!

634AA8F9-5327-4B8D-BAB5-D540D2ABCEA3.jpeg

I wanna get the lefty serviced but nowhere seems to service them anymore! :(

Wheelie excited about these, although due to various courier mess ups and wrong axle ends being sent it's taken more than three months to actually get them... I'll hopefully have time to clean the bike tomorrow, change the brake pads, swap the wheels and go for a short ride.

Attachments

• IMG_20200621_223627.jpg
    IMG_20200621_223627.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 23
Wheelie excited about these, although due to various courier mess ups and wrong axle ends being sent it's taken more than three months to actually get them... I'll hopefully have time to clean the bike tomorrow, change the brake pads, swap the wheels and go for a short ride.
Oooooh nice!

I saw a new Cannondale Gravel bike with front and rear suspension yesterday...very very nice...£6k though ...always loved their Lefty forks...

I rode a Lefty once, at a Cannondale demo event at Sleepless in the Saddle back in 2003/2004. I felt very uncomfortable looking at the front end and seeing just one front fork. It rode OK though!

I absolutely love mine. I don't notice any difference riding it over regular forks, but they look cool. :D
Jusyt a shame they are a pig to service.

Yeah they are the guys I’ve heard about but reading on the mtbr forums, they say to avoid them. :(

They were the only ones to send your gear not that many years ago.

Shame if they've gone down the shute.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom