The Cycling Thread

Hi
So I have these pedals. What sort of shoes should I wear with these? Got any links for the sort of thing I should be looking for please?

View attachment 1344225View attachment 1344226
ive been wearing SPD shoes on road and MTB for 7 years now and they suit ME, but YMMV

They certainly give you power on thedown and up stroke of each edal revolution, but there is also the problem of not unclipping in time and taking a tumble

They're dual use pedals, one side are SPD fitting and the other side is just a standard platform for using normal trainers or shoes.
I've got dual-sided one son my road bike as I thought Id use them from time to time with normal shoes, but i never have in 7 years

with the forecast being another scorcher, i decider to ride sensibly and get today's one in early and beat the heat of the day

Got in my usual 50k off-road route and got home just as it was starting to really warm-up

Looks like Gamrinis having some issue again this morning

1596968333602.png

I'll be doing a 20 miler this after, but cloudy and no wind which is good.. :)

Some pics from this morning’s ride, it was warm, but the hideous west coast of Scotland wind kept me cool 😏
07FFD093-7FE7-47EB-A1CF-BE28FDBF44FF.jpeg
573E6D2C-688C-415D-B97C-2B14A9584927.jpeg
97027B47-E03B-4D93-9BD9-302EAE7A113D.jpeg
5C4FA0E7-5458-4453-B456-009BAB57A471.jpeg
D5326D06-DE7E-41A6-91D3-66C3B51AB5F3.jpeg
82A835F3-AE8E-4C2E-AE4D-24E3E9E4D050.jpeg
576290D8-0962-4723-91B6-8021ADA620F6.jpeg
9668C461-DD95-4A54-B470-ADD2D2B9CC44.jpeg

my ride was shorter than i thought it would be, but great all the same.. :)

1596993954505.png

1596993981865.png

1596993991859.png

1596994002516.png

1596994015287.png

1596994027960.png

1596994042268.png

1596994051131.png

1596994063027.png

thanks, yep, I'm lucky with what's around here - that track down to the reservoir, it's the first time I've done it, and there's a faster gravel track (public footpath) that leads down to it too - but it's on private land and there's a big sign saying no bikes or horses...

I've cycled up that over 10 years ago no issues (bit no sign back then..), but got chatting to a guy (he held a gate open for me near there) and i asked him about that first gravel track, and he said he's been down it before, but the farmer came from over beyond in his 4x4 and his dogs to tell him off..!!

That looks like such an amazing place to ride. Wish I had somewhere like that around here.
Get yourself over to Danbury. The trailer surrounding the bomb holes are fantastic. Of course the views aren’t as great but it’s a great place to ride and there are trails everywhere

Just did a 15.31 mile today at 15:05 as was too busy earlier on and I am not affected by the heat tbh.

Sunday-09.jpg

Get yourself over to Danbury. The trailer surrounding the bomb holes are fantastic. Of course the views aren’t as great but it’s a great place to ride and there are trails everywhere
It’s time mate. With small sprogs, work etc, it’s hard to find time on top of building up my road cycling. Hoping for a 100 miler soon.

Nice shots Gavin.
Some of mine. The ones without the bike were taken while riding so crap photos. :D
Cheers. I deliberately took it a bit easier on todays ride and made an attempt to take in the scenery. I must have stopped half a dozen times or so just to take in the views and take a few pics.

There's no chance I'm taking any photos whilst I'm riding, I'm 52 and will break if I fall :(

It’s time mate. With small sprogs, work etc, it’s hard to find time on top of building up my road cycling. Hoping for a 100 miler soon.
Fair comment. I’m very lucky. Wife is pretty much happy for me to ride whenever. I’ve not been out drinking in years so she’s not had to deal with the fallout of that for ages now which certainly makes things easier

heres my last route ridden out Suffolk way. It’s been a while but loved the fact I barely saw a car...foot ferry is great fun too..that ride was about 90k

started and finished in Gt Waldringfield where a good friend lives. In fact I need to try and do it again soon
E3C9BFEF-1968-42AD-BA03-D1745C6F30F7.jpeg

Fair comment. I’m very lucky. Wife is pretty much happy for me to ride whenever. I’ve not been out drinking in years so she’s not had to deal with the fallout of that for ages now which certainly makes things easier

heres my last route ridden out Suffolk way. It’s been a while but loved the fact I barely saw a car...foot ferry is great fun too..that ride was about 90k

started and finished in Gt Waldringfield where a good friend lives. In fact I need to try and do it again soon
View attachment 1347507

Is it pretty much a flat ride??

Does look a good course though :)

That’s a shame to hear about running out of gears on the single chain set up .I love the simplicity of it .
How many gears is your MTB?
Look like new bikes are out to pre order. This looks like it fits my bill. GRX600/105 groupset. 2x11 gears. and it’s a bit cheaper so more cash left over for wheels too

Look like new bikes are out to pre order. This looks like it fits my bill. GRX600/105 groupset. 2x11 gears. and it’s a bit cheaper so more cash left over for wheels too

Love the looks of of that, orange accents looks great.

Went for a long ride yesterday (long for me not some of you lads yesterday ) and did 40 miles on a mix of road , bridle paths , gravel.

my current bike has such thin wheels, the back end skidded out half a dozen times on loose ground so desperate to get a gravel.

Still mulling over a 1 x or 2x .

I have to say I’m not a fast cyclist at all. So thinking the 1 x could fit the bill.

That’s if they’re still making it when stock is available.

Well this one is £200 cheaper with some design changes. I’ll be using this for road and gravel so would need the 2x but not everyone will.

now looking for potential road wheel set. Some Campagnolo Zondas like my current rod wheels with discs. Just need to know about thru axel sizes now

Well this one is £200 cheaper with some design changes. I’ll be using this for road and gravel so would need the 2x but not everyone will.

now looking for potential road wheel set. Some Campagnolo Zondas like my current rod wheels with discs. Just need to know about thru axel sizes now

would you get a second set of wheels with the a gear cassette or use the same cassette on both wheels?

Love the looks of of that, orange accents looks great.

Went for a long ride yesterday (long for me not some of you lads yesterday ) and did 40 miles on a mix of road , bridle paths , gravel.

my current bike has such thin wheels, the back end skidded out half a dozen times on loose ground so desperate to get a gravel.

Still mulling over a 1 x or 2x .

I have to say I’m not a fast cyclist at all. So thinking the 1 x could fit the bill.

That’s if they’re still making it when stock is available.
Change the wheels.

would you get a second set of wheels with the a gear cassette or use the same cassette on both wheels?
No I’d get an extra cassette, it’s under £40 so no point in the hassle of switching. Would need extra brake rotors as well. Those wheels have 6 bolt for £299 or centre lock for more. I guess whatever’s on the bike as standard will help to make my decision on that BUT I have Centre locks on my
MTB and it makes things very simple

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom